Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Single-din HU?

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
Guys, does anyone have photos of VZ's (executives would be ideal, but SV6, SS etc will do if can't get executives) that has the factory headunit removed and replaced with a aftermarket single-din headunit with the pocket? so no double single-din players or anything, i want to get a general idea how my interior will look if i replace the factory headunit with a single-din one. so post some photos if you got it

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Heres a few i found....i personally dont like the finish of the facia kit as its sorta "rough"...but you'll see in the pics...

Attachments

• 1138612603.jpg
    1138612603.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 766
  • post-5510-1204954570.jpg
    post-5510-1204954570.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,411

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
Heres a few i found....i personally dont like the finish of the facia kit as its sorta "rough"...but you'll see in the pics...

i see what you mean with the 'rough' look. but i could sand it smooth and re-paint it? maybe to the colour of the rest of the centre console.

the reason im asking is, i am looking at upgrading my headunit once i get my ss front bumper on, and lately ive been looking at them cheap double-din dvd players on ebay, but now thats not the route i want to go down. so im looking at a few alpine headunits, but i am a man that likes the look of his car, especially his interior, so i wanted to see how it looks with the single-din headunit and the pocket.

thanks for finding them pics. but never hurts to see a couple more, so if anyone has any, post up! and if we can get real specific, anyone with a single-din alpine player? haha yes i am getting picky

edit: I just re-looked and the second pic is an alpine headunit, so nevermind about getting specific. but still like to see a couple more

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yeah you could always sand it back and repaint it, finding an excact match for the colour maybe a challenge...but a VERY close one is possible.

Clarion have come out with a new double DIN DVD player with a motorised LCD touch screen...they can be picked up for roughly $650, and in my opinion the double DINs look better in the VY-VZs.

I put that unit it a customers car about a week ago and it looks good.

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
Yeah you could always sand it back and repaint it, finding an excact match for the colour maybe a challenge...but a VERY close one is possible.

Clarion have come out with a new double DIN DVD player with a motorised LCD touch screen...they can be picked up for roughly $650, and in my opinion the double DINs look better in the VY-VZs.

I put that unit it a customers car about a week ago and it looks good.

ive found the headunit i want. its the alpine iDA-X100. so im going to get that it seems to have alot of handy features and that

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Just remember with that unit that it does not accept CDs, just digital media (Ipod, memory card etc).

Actually if your still interested i have a mate who bought one thinking they play CDs till i had a look and told him they dont (not without a cd changer).

let me know and i'll give him a ring.

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
Just remember with that unit that it does not accept CDs, just digital media (Ipod, memory card etc).

Actually if your still interested i have a mate who bought one thinking they play CDs till i had a look and told him they dont (not without a cd changer).

let me know and i'll give him a ring.

yah i know that, thats why i have got my dash sorted out with the headunit and this item so take up the double din. then ill buy a cheap ipod or something.

so im still interested in the alpine unit

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Well if youre going with a "pocket" like the Alpine one, you'll need to get a double DIN facia kit as the single DIN one has a pocket already there (unless you wanna chop it out and put the Alpine one there).

RichoVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ Executive
yeah i will end up getting the double din facia kit.

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yep that ones abit better in my opinion....not as much black plastic to ruin the look of an aftermarket unit.

If you want that unit of my mate (its brand new, never installed) i'll give him a call and get a price for you.