Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ sound system - Alpine subs?

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
hey guys just bought a VZ n wanna put a sound system in it... i seen these subs, they look good to me but i dont know much about car audio... i can only tell if somethings good by sitting there and listening to it.

NEW ALPINE SWR-1542D TYPE-R 15" SUBWOOFER 2000W SUB 4Om - eBay Subwoofers, Audio, Video, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 27-Jul-08 20:47:27 AEST)

if thats a good sub what would i be looking at to power 2 of them? what type of amp? and what do i need to look for in a deck? im willing to fork out maybe about 2 grand for the system. as for the factory speakers in the VZ would they do for the time being?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Something tells me to steer clear of the eBay store.... Other then that the 15" Alpine do what they are supposed to do...make boom boom. Nothing fancy nothing wrong with them either

If you went with that sub in particular then you would need to look at an amp that is going to deliver between 700-800wrms into a 1 ohm load.

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
Don't buy off Ebay, Most of the time Alpine items on ebay may be the real deal but usually they are gear that has been sent to alpine for refurbishment. I would stear clear of all car audio on Ebay.