Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS Cluster into MY06 V6

Tuttle

stupidity reigns supreme!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
changed airbags kms everything as i went form single to triple m8 they said the do it quite a bit so alot of people must do it. what cluster u gonna put in? i put a monaro in a exec

sounds good. i got a HSV with white faces on the gauge and 3 LCD and its going in my acclaim

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
sounds good. i got a HSV with white faces on the gauge and 3 LCD and its going in my acclaim
shouldnt have any dramas m8 u changin the kays? or just the the airbags, gonna be a nice upgrade and they light up white with looks so cool

Tuttle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
shouldnt have any dramas m8 u changin the kays? or just the the airbags, gonna be a nice upgrade and they light up white with looks so cool

yeh going to get the km's changed and maybe the start up symbol if they can.
I didnt know what colour lights it was cause i have never seen one at night, white should like nice cause the car is white to.

Tuttle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
ay m8 go to smiths at theberton thats where i got mine done for 100 no hassle at all and took an hr,

tried looking smiths up and came up with a few places, just wondering which one u are referring to

rebecca22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Ok, i went to Holden today to get my VZ V8 SS Cluster programmed to Suit my VZ V6. They programmed the k's but said the rest won't work because the cluster is from a V8 and my car is a V6. Seems to work ok. I will check the Tacho and Speedo later but i can't see anything wrong. Is there anyway of knowing the Air bag has been programmed correctly? I mean for the correct number of Airbags (two in my case). I thought the airbag information would be stored in the BCM? Someone earlier in this thread said it was stored in the instrument cluster but i thought the BCM. Anyone know definitely 100%?

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
You'll know if the Airbag is programmed correctly when the system check is finished after u start the car & doesnt show any errors.
Also ur Airbag light will go out. If it stays on u hav a problem.

rebecca22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
But maybe they programmed it for only the passenger airbag or something. Is there a sure way to find out other than having an accident?

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
They programmed the k's but said the rest won't work because the cluster is from a V8 and my car is a V6
Bec, total rubbish!

If it "didnt work" the fuel guage would be reading the wrong way for starters!