Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz ss exhaust options

S

stealthv8

sorry so much to know n learn re: zausts bit of a science really preciate feedback

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Even with a cam you wont need a twin 3". Everyone will say you do.
But I've seen cars push 500hp through 2.5" pipes.

Unless you're going a REALLY big cam in it, you don't need twin 3".

I'm running Pacies high flow cats and twin 2.5" exhaust on my car at the moment.
I'm planning to run a fairly aggressive cam with it. I don't intend to change it.

S

stealthv8

Ausome starting to get a good idea, thanks mate. So far im going pacemaker 1 7/8 4-1's (ceramic coated (cos some1 said pacies dont do stainless headers?) and high flow metallic cats (dont know if im going difillipo or pacey cats here but theyll be 3") and for the system difillipo twin 2.5 stainless with 3" tips for show. what do you reckon?

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
3" cats is a waste of time if the rest of the exhaust is 2.5".

Price how much it will cost you and check the pacemaker systems on ebay.

S

stealthv8

True ok somebody else did say this also. Now ive just recently spoken to darren difillipo and discussed a system. Main questions to date twin 3" or twin 2.5" (i want to go tha 3" but am told is overkill unless cam/head is done.) or should i just go it would it sound better or worse? been assured there wouldnt be a drone, just the 2.5" would sound more aggressive when given to it and the 3" would be a louder idle. i dunno, i wanna think going tha 3" wouldnt be a mistake but its a bit of a catch 22..? at least then its charger ready. Also leaning more towards 1 3/4, 4into1 headers due to them being better low end with little work done to motor while tha 1 7/8 would be better top end after cam or charger. gettn closer to purchasing something but want to be 100% happy i guess.

S

stealthv8

and im set on difillipo cat back but would pacey headers be better or go all difillipo?

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Same/Same.
Just go which ever out of the two.

Why do you want to go 3"?
Sounds to me purely for the wank factor.

S

stealthv8

hectic pricey **** tho damn! 2.5 inch twin system, 13/4 pacey 41 ceramic coated. universal pacey cats are way cheap on ebay gunna av to check n make sure there wont be too much cut n paste /weldn involved if i go uni cats big save tho 4real

S

stealthv8

full pacey system headers cats mid mufflers to pipe only all 2.5 how will she sound yas reckon?