Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS Fuel Consumption

SLugg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6.2 T6060 Sting Red Trutrac harrop 500hp
DavoTheGreat said:
Now that I've put quite a few more tanks of fuel through my SS I have a better idea of its consistency... city crawl returns an average of around 19L/100km and highway gets around 11.5 - 12L/100km. I am very heavy footed around town though, but it doesn't seem to make much difference even if I'm not - you can't stop fuel consumption going up whilst stopped at lights all the time unless you shut the engine off.

fuel consumption while at the lights is round 2L/100K's the reason your AVERAGE climbs is that you are not moving so no k's are added to the average

my 6.0ltr ss gets 13-14 round town and 9-10 on the open road

VZGEN4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER
SLugg said:
my 6.0ltr ss gets 13-14 round town and 9-10 on the open road

I get pretty much the same in my ute. Just for curiosity tonight on the way home from work I reset the trip on the highway. Average speed was 99.1kmh and fuel consumption was 9.2L/100km for around 40kms.

Reset when I got into the city (mix of 80/70/60kmh zones stopping at lights at least 5 times) and consumption topped at 12L/100km driving conservatively over approx 10kms.

Am running on optimax. Using regular unleaded pushes my consumption up between 1 - 2L/100kms.