Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS help

kev33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ 5.7ltr A4 Ute
I might be a bit of the track here but I had a similar problem with my VZ 5.7L 4/A. When held at lights with the trans in "D" and the A/C "ON", the car would vibrate, as if it was idling rough. I took it to a dealer who after some time admitted that I had a problem and they finally discovered that the Thermo Fans mounted in front of the radiator were out of balance. Once replaced the problem was solved.
Hope that this helps.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
A/C or Climate control ?

Sometimes when i have my climate on and i take of from the lights it sits in neutral and takes a while to go into first ? any one else with a 5.7L auto ?

loudvtss

Reaction score
Thanks kev33. That sounds like my problem. Took the car to the Holden dealer and they agreed the fans were making the car vibrate. It was good because when I got there the noise was happening. I popped the hood and they removed a fuse/relay and the noise stopped. When they put it back in the noise started. Car is booked in next week. Hopefully 1 less problem to worry about....

loudvtss

Reaction score
No bloody change. I think the dealers just change parts to make money. They had my car there for most of the day and no change. Does anyone know of good dealers in Melbourne. This is getting ridiculous. It's been over 4 months since I've bought the car and haven't had time to enjoy it. I think I've paid $46K to give me the right to make fortnightly visits to the Holden dealerships. It's bloody ridiculous. I think I got a friday build built by incompetent people....

DavoTheGreat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series ClubSport
800rpm idle? That does sound high. Mine idles at about 650rpm in neutral and 550rpm in drive. 5.7 auto. No vibration or noises regardless of where the A/C is set.