Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS Sedan Or Ute

05vzcommodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore
Hi everyone, I hope you all are having a good day, I'm having one of the hardest decisions making my mind up on whether I buy a VZ SS sedan or ute. I would love a sedan because if I have a family or something like that I have those extra seats available, but when it comes to the ute style I love having only 2 seats so I don't have to pick people up and also I've always loved how the ute look and how nice you can make them look. can people give me their opinion on whether or not you would pick a sedan or ute because this decision is hard for me to make? no matter what the car will be manual. cheers everyone

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
And a VY by the look of the other thread with the same title question. The answers will be the same.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
vy series 2 ute...nicer interior.

vz only good if 6 litre preferably ute

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
As someone who has Both a VZ Ute and Sedan (HSV) they both have their positives and downfalls.
Both of mine are Manual V8s with 6L engines, one being a L98 the other a LS2.

The Ute with a Hardlid makes it near on useless for carting many things. (I revert to the ol VS with soft top for most things)
Obviously the Interior with both is pretty much the same. Although its funny that I have more drink holders in the Ute (4) than the Sedan.
Honestly they are both much for muchness. Both have their uses. the Ute being easier for me to chuck some things in the back ie a toolbag, golf clubs and a bicycle. The Sedan needs the bike rack or to think ahead.

Honestly I just wish they had a 6L SS Manual VZ Wagon.
Best of all worlds.