Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS spark plugs

lewi79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Commodore
hi everybody,

I need to replace my spark plugs on my VZ SS commodore. It's first time the plugs have been changed.
Can anyone recommend some spark plug types for this model?

Cheers

06vzcalais

Reaction score
bosch platinum fusions little expensive but worth the money

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
Get some Bosch Premium Iridiums (they are on Ebay at around $120 a set of 8 ) There a special heat range for 2005 & later LS-1s & LS-2s (5.7 & 6.0litres) Go to Bosch website to get the exact iridium part number. They will last for at least 100,000klm. Be prepared to skin your knuckles changing them , unless youre a Pigmy!!!!!!

black as

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have 2 cars VZ sv8 6 litre and VU ute 5.7 litre
I just replaced mine in my VZ 6 litre and bought genuine Holden iridium plugs, tried the other brands and wasnt happy, runs as sweet as but they are expensive $230.00 a set

Matty-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV S2
Genuine Holden parts aren't always the best option either because most of the parts they use from the factory are designed to be cheapest possible without substituting quality to an extent. Aftermarket makers on the other-hand try to make the products they design the best they can be and the funny thing is they can sometimes be cheaper as we all know how much Holden mark up their own parts..

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
if its modified get ones for a ecotech/304, they are a colder range spark plug and prevents pre detonation, i run them on my wh cause the heads have been shaved and thinner head gaskets = more compression, and my blown vy ute ran them too,
to find out more search it up on ls1, also the american version of this is tr6 or 5 that they all use

Dizzy86

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz ss thunder Ute l98 6-speed 6ltr
I just bought an ice ignition kit for Commodore &hsv 6.0ltr ls2 part no. 9GM829. Cost all up $300 for 8 ngk plugs and 8 ice 9mm pro leads, it also has some sort of mesh sleeves I’m assuming for the leads. I also have a new crane cam spitfire lx92 ignition coil to go with it. Any simple instructions on how to replace out my old ones for these, never done it on ls block, any tips will help plz I’m doing it now

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
TR6 cheap and easy done...