Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS Tail lights onto a VY - I just did it :D

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Great Mod,not A Defect Cops Wont Know There Off A Vz Ss, There Gmh Any Way,Whats Next Vz Ss Flutes?

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
looks good mate, amazing how much difference these make.
4giv me 4 mentioning this now, but does any know that the VY/Z Altezza lights are on there way? lol like the colour difference on urs tho mate

CC

nEb.

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VY II Acclaim
lol nah i didnt go with the vz flutes, i ended up blowing some more cash ont he vy ss kit :p got it painted and fitted the front and skirts but the rear bar (which has reverse sensors installed into it) is proving to be a bit of a task itself >_<

rokkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII
Lights look good however they appear to be unroadworthy.

Have looked at the pics and the patch section in the middle of the main light is peeks and valleys within the plastic to dispurse the light coming from the internal globe and not to a reflector.

Whether original Holden or not, the lack of reflector in the Berlina , and SS tail lights on the VZ where used in conjunction with the black garnish within the bumper bar which has reflectors left and right. Because the all VY tail lights have reflectors within them and the VY garnish has no reflectors therfor used with VZ tail light results in nil reflectors.

All cars have reflectors on the rear, remember the ugly ones sunkin in the VX SS rear bumber bar as the tail light had no room for them.

A quick fix is to purchase the VZ garnish which has reflectors.

silversv8

VY GTO 4 DOOR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY GTO 4 DOOR
looks great,i have a series 1 sv8 can i do the same to mine??
and have you still got the part numbers so my dealer gets the correct parts

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Rokkz

Provided the taillights are VZ SS units, they have to be legal. The VZ SS doesn't have the garnish on the rear bumper to accommodate reflectors like the Berlina/Calais, so the reflectors MUST be in the taillights.

Regards

pj

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Lights look good however they appear to be unroadworthy.

Have looked at the pics and the patch section in the middle of the main light is peeks and valleys within the plastic to dispurse the light coming from the internal globe and not to a reflector.

Whether original Holden or not, the lack of reflector in the Berlina , and SS tail lights on the VZ where used in conjunction with the black garnish within the bumper bar which has reflectors left and right. Because the all VY tail lights have reflectors within them and the VY garnish has no reflectors therfor used with VZ tail light results in nil reflectors.

All cars have reflectors on the rear, remember the ugly ones sunkin in the VX SS rear bumber bar as the tail light had no room for them.

A quick fix is to purchase the VZ garnish which has reflectors.

Yeah mate, VZ SS are all unroadworthy because of their lights. Jeez they letting any bray moron onto this site nowadays.

rokkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII
Rokkz

Provided the taillights are VZ SS units, they have to be legal. The VZ SS doesn't have the garnish on the rear bumper to accommodate reflectors like the Berlina/Calais, so the reflectors MUST be in the taillights.

Regards

pj

having a closer look, your right, there hidden where the indicator and rev lights are located.

cheers