Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS - thermofan temperature settings

Evil66

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SS
Hi Everyone,

Just bought a VZ SS 6L and trying to work out if the fans are coming on as they should and at the right temperature.

Put it into engineering mode a few times and have driven it around, thermostat seems to open around 88-89 degrees and it will cruise along in the late 80's, low 90 dgrees range but creeps up in traffic and the fans only come on at 105 degrees, is this correct for the first stage of the cooling fans or should they come on earlier. Seems a little high to me.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
that is normal

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
This is out of the workshop manual mate

image.jpg1_zpsxjyjvurr.jpg

image.jpg2_zpspejuszxf.jpg

image.jpg3_zpsdwujifgm.jpg

image.jpg4_zpsyezfcg93.jpg

image.jpg5_zpsyjxctlr7.jpg

image.jpg6_zps6tyoe9zi.jpg

image.jpg7_zpspcmrzbgg.jpg

image.jpg8_zpsx8254r9l.jpg

image.jpg9_zpshrbpw9f0.jpg

You can see there are a few different parameters that need to be met to determine when the low and high fans come on and off.

Evil66

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SS
Thanks for the replies guys and for the comprehensive pictures from the workshop manual. Just thought the temperature seemed pretty high but I am used to playing with old school cars and like to run them around 85 degrees. My old LS1 must have been tuned as the fans used to come on around 93 degrees when we plugged it into the LS1 edit software.