Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ ssl front springs + 20inch wheels?

JShaw

greeeeeeeeen
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Executive
Hi guys, im picking up some 20inch wheels on the weekend and wanted to ask about scrubbing issues on the front if you have ssl springs installed? I have sl in the front ATM but wanted to know if I would run into any problems if I decided to drop the front any more, I know lots of people here have 20s with ssl on the front, so did anyone have any scrubbing or wheel lock issues? Thanks

bludeck

Wishlist = Blowa
Reaction score
Members Ride
jj
Try the 20's with the SL's you have and see how u like it, wouldnt advise any lower due to ride quality. Full lock turning will rub, go up or over somthing and it will be worse.
You could always change the front bar ;)

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
U may have to roll your guards if your rims are x8.5 or more wide.
I have 20s with 245/35 Tyres and they didn't scrub because the wheel was x8 wide.
However with the same Tyres when I got my other 20" rims they where x8.5 I had to get the guards rolled.

Hope I have helped a lil. :)

JShaw

greeeeeeeeen
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Executive
U may have to roll your guards if your rims are x8.5 or more wide.
I have 20s with 245/35 Tyres and they didn't scrub because the wheel was x8 wide.
However with the same Tyres when I got my other 20" rims they where x8.5 I had to get the guards rolled.

Hope I have helped a lil. :)

yeah these are 20x8's on 225's hahaha so should be alright