Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Steering wheel buttons illumination.

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
My VZ Calais does. not tooo difficult a swap i'd imagine...

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
I just converted my VY to the illuminated controls , not an easy job but I did it using a WL clockspring & WL illuminated buttons, & a wiring harness plug & 100mm of harness from a wrecker off a VZ with the paddle shifts, that taps in to the VY harness & plugs into the rear of the clockspring. The WL clockspring needs to be "altered slightly" to fit on the VY , A couple of bits of plastic need to be cut off where it hits. 2 extra wires need to be run down to the BCM & spliced into the wiring to get your +ve & -ve for the illumination dimmable circuit. You need a VY & VZ wiring manual/s (ellery's is a good one). Be carefull with the airbag (disconnect battery , ) & make sure the clockspring is centered turns wise when you fit the steering wheel , (2 1/2 turns from centre either way to each full lock) . Not for the amateur this mod but if youre a Techie or a Hobbyist supreme you can do it....

sonixau1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
i have a vz exec, it doesn't have illumation, cat10 is just for the pickup to the 3rd party head unit i thought, as a got a pioneer headunit with bluetooth, and had to have steering wheel support on the headunit to use the cat10 unit.