Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 17" Alloy Rims

VZ SV6

2005 VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 190kw & VZ Acclaim
After an unfortunate incident in which some complete tool nearly drove into me when trying to pull into a park, I ended up grinding the left front rim against the gutter. Its prompted me to consider replacing two of my rims, as the other was damaged before I bought the car.
My plan at this stage is to replace the rims; keeping the old rims and using the best of the two with a new tyre as the spare. The spare at the moment, as with most factory issued spares that I have seen, is not a low profile tyre.

I have surfed the web and only found one place so far that stocks the genuine GMH rim, which is Wheel King; asking $325 for the rim by itself.

Does anyone know anywhere else where I can get these rims from? (Preferably near QLD to lower postage costs). Thanks.

Attachments

• Alloy Mag.JPG
    Alloy Mag.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 4,396

VZ SV6

2005 VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
I always see them up on ebay....

Yeah I have been looking through Ebay over the last few days, but have not found any which are the same as mine as yet...
I don't know if it would be worth looking at a wreckers either, as I'm sure they would strip the mags off before they hit the yard. Might still be worth a look though??

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
a lot of clients at work get their rims repaired through a mobile bumper repair guy. may work out cheaper this way?

VZ SV6

2005 VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
I thought about that also, but there would be a lot of work involved in buffing the surface down to make it smooth again.
Is the repaired section very noticable on any wheels you have seen fixed?

Burto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ S-Pack Ute
Hey troy what wheels do you have and where did you buy them? Exactly what i am looking for!

As for the OP i have a set of 4 17" rims here (same type off vz s pack) if your interested in buying them, i plan on getting new rims soon.

pm me

VZ SV6

2005 VZ SV6
Reaction score
Members Ride
That's one of mine I had repaired. The pics are **** but it turned out awesome. Cost 130 bucks.

Yeah not bad. I'll look into that option further. My mags have a matt finish so hopefully if they are buffed smooth then it won't put a shiny edge on it and really stand out.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
vz sv6, when you get new tyres make sure the fool that balances the wheels put stick on weights on the inside of the rim, rather than hammering the weights to the outside edge