Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 after market amp and sub cutting all sound on head unit.

A7 Customs

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VZ and VP wagon for burnouts
Hi Guys,
Iv run into a bit of a problem with trying to put a sub and amp into my sv6. I have done many installs so i do have a fair idea. But this commodore has me stuck.
I put a high low converter in and used both rear speakers to run the converter leaving all the head unit and speakers factory. I made sure it was well ground. i then installed my amp accordingly and used a remote wire taped off the back of the cigarette lighter in the centre console. it is a four chanel amp so i wired the two back speakers to the amp and a sub off another channel with my goal being to have the two stock rears ampd and the sub running. i then plug the rcas that come out of the high low converter into the amp and it then works mint just how i wanted. if i turn the key off how ever and turn it back on it will cut all sound and i will have nothing at all. The head unit will still be in working order and on but will not play sound. If i unplug the rcas and turn the key off and on after awhile it will kind of reset its self and continue to play audio through the fronts(Thats with the rcas un pluged so thats what i would expect). if i plug the rcas back in the same process will occur. im at a loss.
Help please! haha i must have done some thing wrong maybe the remote wire is getting to much power at 12v? i dont know?
Thanks guys.