Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 Build Issues

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Ok I noticed some alarming things today.

My rear passenger side door isn't exacly flush with the rear quarter panel.

Its the only door that has this problem.

The one that really suprised me was paint peeling on the rear of all my door handles. I noticed tis today when I looked down as I was opening my car door and saw behind the handle paint peeling exposing white plastic.

I know that paint doesn't stick too well to plastic but you'd think they might thought about that after 60 years of manufacturing cars!

Will my door and paint issues easily be fixed through warranty?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I had the same issue with the paint on my VY door handles. There was no hassles getting them fixed. As for panel fit - have you had the car from new? (ie no accidents). It may be as simple as adjusting the latch.

Reaper

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
yes take the car to holden for both those issues to be sorted, ive had 2 handles done before and my drivers is starting to peel along the top now....

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
atm sv6 vz as family car in white no probs

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
My ute has a funny issue with paint. Front half of car is different colour to the rest of it

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
I only bought the car in March but I did a check on the vehicles securities register for theft and accidents and the like and it came up ok.

Do they just respray the handles or get replacements in?

my dealer replaced the handles and had them sprayed and colour coded at a smash repairs place

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
my dealer replaced the handles and had them sprayed and colour coded at a smash repairs place

Thanks mate. Might have to pay a visit to my local tomorrow. I figured I would go over the car and nit pick and get all the things i missed when i bought the car. Warranty runs out in September so I will take care of all the issues before then.

btc1678

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
yeah i've had all four door handles replaced on mine aswell. As andyman said they ordered new ones in for me then they got sprayed and put in. They didn't all peel at once. I noticed the front two maybe a month after I bought mine and then the back right started a month after that and the back left a few months after that. I've also had the dash replaced in mine as it started to crack and melt on the passenger side. Now the new dash has a rattle in it so it will have to go back again when I have some time. Had some other bits and pieces done as well under warranty.

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
I went to the local dealer the other day. Got my details taken and showed them the problems needs to have the rep who was sick look at my car and get it all official.

They reckon the glovebox and door handles will be replaced with no issue but they will need to look into the door.