Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 Calais Alloytech 190 Take Off

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Hey guys!

Anyone who drives a auto with active-select V6 190 or similar, from still, what pedal activity do you think provides the fastest rate of acceleration?

Sometimes I get the feeling pedal down 75% then ease to 100% and other times I still think pedal right down?

Would I be much better off using active select and changing gears on the redline?

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Just stall her up, and plant it :D:D:D

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
yea the auto will do its thing and change at the best point when u just floor it in drive. i take my car to the track and usually stall up to about 2000-2500rpm, or where ever the car starts to want to spin the wheels, then plant it, and like a few miliseconds release the foot off the brake.

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
yea the auto will do its thing and change at the best point when u just floor it in drive. i take my car to the track and usually stall up to about 2000-2500rpm, or where ever the car starts to want to spin the wheels, then plant it, and like a few miliseconds release the foot off the brake.

Cool, thanks. Ill keep that in mind when I too head up to a track or wanna sprint it from the lights ... cheers!

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
keep in mind, if you do stall up to 2000rpm, u will loose traction, but only like a squeel, u wont sit there spinning lol

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
keep in mind, if you do stall up to 2000rpm, u will loose traction, but only like a squeel, u wont sit there spinning lol

thanks mate!
So you think the auto would usually be better than using active select? I know the 5sp g\b is pretty clever after doing some testing.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
yea for sure, i think the only way active select would be better is if you timed your changes to be at around 6800rpm, as the auto shifts at 6500rpm, but i wouldnt keep going that high all the time as the limiter is set at 6500rpm. and take off traction control, i know it doesnt make much of a difference with the sv6 whether its on or not, but it keeps my mind free knowing that if i do loose traction, it wont bog down due to traction control setting in

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
yea for sure, i think the only way active select would be better is if you timed your changes to be at around 6800rpm, as the auto shifts at 6500rpm, but i wouldnt keep going that high all the time as the limiter is set at 6500rpm. and take off traction control, i know it doesnt make much of a difference with the sv6 whether its on or not, but it keeps my mind free knowing that if i do loose traction, it wont bog down due to traction control setting in

Thanks heaps for letting me know all that. I seriously think the auto takes off pretty good especially as it climbs through the gears.

Cheers! :)