Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Sv6 Clutch Upgrade

greggy85

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6 M6
As all us 6spd Sv6 owners know once the Alloytec produces 1nm more torque than factory the stock clutch is all but useless. Since i am in a situation that i'm sure many other's are in i decided to get some idea's off the guys who have "been there, done that, got the post card".
The two options that i am aware of are Textralia, with a heavy duty clutch and single mass flywheel kit, and Xtreme, with similar.
I am curious as to peoples views/experiences of/with both of these (and any others i'm not aware of).
It might help a few of us make the right decision for our particular application.
Assistance much appreciated
:dance:

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
im getting an xtreme organic HD clutch fitted, as seen. $1700 incl GST but exluding postage and handling. went through Autobarn got charged an Extra $30 for postage and handling. Not too bad as the stock clutch is 2900 fitted and it's getting fitted for less then $2500!
thumbCreator.asp

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i'm getting the textralia, semi ceramic organic clutch kit fitted at CHE for $1850. just waiting for the single mass flywheel to be made as the VE and late VZ have a larger flywheel then normal.

manual vz sv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
hey guys was just lookin round to c wat clutch to get
i got a vz sv6 i have a got a few easy mods n was wondering wat clutch to get
any help would b great n prices
thanx

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
id personally go with the daikin (exedy) clutch, you can buy a standard replacement with a single mass flywell, or you can get, heavy duty, sports tuff etc etc, ive been guarenteed by the brake an clutch mob i deal with they will make less noises than the extreme.

for me its a lil cheaper aswell

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
do you get any additional power by doing this?

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
hmm grave digging for sure..
lol, no power so to speak but the car is quicker as the clutch grabs straight up, the car is more responsive to gear changes and quicker between, it also has assisted in towing and reversing my ski up my driveway and i mean UP it lol steep as Mt Coot-tha..

definately helps the car a lot more.. but i think if you stall with the DMFW then a single will screw your day

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
oh n btw i recommend upgrading your clutch if you have a manual as dual mass flywheels are p.o.s and chance are yours is on its way out very soon as they are designed to slip slighty to assist the car not to stall off the line and make for a 'smoother' take off

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
On my Exedy price list they don't list a HD for the VZ. I'll give them a bell tomorrow (closed today for public holiday in Brisbane), but in the meantime, standard Exedy replacement clutch pricing is:

- VZ, 3.6 Ltr V6, Kit less DMF, includes Concentric Slave Cylinder assembly $939
- VZ, 3.6 Ltr V6, Kit includes DMF and Concentric Slave Cylinder assembly $2379

You'd definitely want to make sure the DMF needs replacing before forking out that sort of dollars...