Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 Exhaust And CAI

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
A friend of mine has a VZ SV6 and wants to find out what is the best exhaust for it is and approx. pricing. He has rang up about 10 workshops and each has said something different, ranging from a single 2.5 inch system to not touching it at all cos it will lose power :confused:. What have VZ owners (mainly SV6 owners) fitted to their car and do you have dyno proof of power increase (not, it feels like it has more power). He wants more power out of it not too fussed on the sound.

Second thing is what types of CAI's have people used, seen or recommend. He has seen the SS Inductions and another one (can't remember) but is not which one to use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Nick

Soybean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 5-speed
I'd imagine 2.5 inch would be sufficient cause if people use that size on the 3.8 i'd imagine it would be just the right size for the 3.6 (alloytec).
Not sure about the CAI.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Thats what i was thinking. Twin 2.5 inch system. They pretty much hae a twin system on them now but turns into a singles towards the back. Just want to see if anyone has done it and found any power gains with what ever system they used.

I've been told the SS Inductions Growler Kit is a good CAI so i'll suggest that.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
ive heard that fitting the v8 exhaust system gets some good gains and it doesnt make it sound overly loud, but does give ti a different note

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Yeah i've heard that too. Not sure how much gain and how much they cost being a genuine item. So many different options, I still can't believe that one guy that he rang said that it would lose power cos they tried it and when asked what system was used the guy laughed at him.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
im sure a few exhaust shops would ahve a complete v8 system laying around somewhere in their pile:thumbsup:

stylinsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore sv6 vz 3.6 190kw
2.5 gives heaps more power and with that more noise but i got the v8 rear cat back if u want to be loud get straight though pipes other wise get rear muffler

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Ideally you would want a twin 2 1/4", the twin 2 1/2" sounds OK but you would lose too much top end. Twin 2 1/4" into a single 3" would give the best low to mid range and good top end.

phillsau

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz sv6
i put a single 2.5 pex with a rear resonater with a kand n filter on my 05 sv6 and noticed a good sound and great fuel econ improvment but seam to have a drop in power at the 70 to 80 kmh range i have since put on genie extractors and am getting 200 rwh or 148 rwkw and it just seams to want to prower away and has a large power band at 70kms it is the 5 spd auto and is run on premium hope this helps

stylinsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden commodore sv6 vz 3.6 190kw
i got 2/12 inch twin all the way with 100cpi high flow metal cats and extractors and a ss induction cold air and just had it dyno today and got 141.6kw @ rear wheels.