Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 rims on VR commodore

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Hi all,
I’m considering to put factory VZ SV6 rims on my VR Commodore Executive. These VZ sv6 rims are 17inch.

A couple questions:
Will the speedometer be out since I am going up 2 inches in size? I think the tyre size on the sv6 rims is 225 50R17 94V.

In everyone’s opinion, do they give off hoon vibes, or are they not too flashy. I don’t want to give “look at me” hoon vibes with the wheels I get. I will be getting them painted either gold or black colour, and they are going on a white VR commodore.

Are these rims pretty durable? The reason I ask is because, obviously I can only get these wheels second hand and thus it is buyer beware.

Cheers

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Note your current tyres and them drop the 17s into here Tyre size calc

it'll tell you if it's larger or smaller diameter. My guess off the size it'll be larger than what you have. 235 45 17 should be close to your current rolling diameter.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
Hi all,
I’m considering to put factory VZ SV6 rims on my VR Commodore Executive. These VZ sv6 rims are 17inch.

A couple questions:
Will the speedometer be out since I am going up 2 inches in size? I think the tyre size on the sv6 rims is 225 50R17 94V.

In everyone’s opinion, do they give off hoon vibes, or are they not too flashy. I don’t want to give “look at me” hoon vibes with the wheels I get. I will be getting them painted either gold or black colour, and they are going on a white VR commodore.

Are these rims pretty durable? The reason I ask is because, obviously I can only get these wheels second hand and thus it is buyer beware.

Cheers

i have vz ss 17s on my vs ute tyre size 235/45/17 it doesn t affect the speedo and i have a gps on the dash which also tell me the speed
DbBEhiL.jpg

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
They were optioned with 17" rims from the factory..

Tyre size is 235/45X17, which will keep the speedo in check

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Oosp ......... OK, thought they were used on SV6s, as there is a nice wagon with those rims in the street which I thought was a SV6, but it must be a SVZ.
(Google is my friend.)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Looks like you've been trying to sell them for a while... Have you tried advertising on FB Marketplace or Gumtree? Maybe the price is too high?

Tight asses by the looks...

And not @figjam either.....I think his pricing and wording is good value

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
So putting VZ sv6 rims on the VR commodore shouldn’t really be cop bait right? I plan to get the rims painted