Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz sv6 rough idle

vn50L

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt seriesII XU6
Hey guys. The mrs was complaining that her sv6 was idling roughly during a long drive the other day. It was overdue for new plugs, mainly because I couldn't be bothered, so swappe the plugs tonight and realized when removing the upper intake manifold that the evap valve outlet located just after the throttle body was badly cracked. Went ahead, replaced plugs, checked all torque specs as I went along, struts it up and still idling roughly.

What I want to know is will a stuffed evap outlet aside a rough idle??? An if not, what should I be looking at a the cause??

Thanks ladies and gents.

Pete.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
A crack in that 90 degree hose will cause the engine to suck air not being monitored by the maf, resulting in bad idle. Tape it up or replace

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Yes it will definetely cause the car to idle rough as guts if its split even the smallest amount.

Mine was split only a little at the very edge of the 90 degree turn and it caused my car to run real rough.

I ended up using tape and taping it for a temp fix and then got the hose replaced.

That hose goes from the front all the way around and to the back of the engine as one long piece.

Its was around $80 from Holden to replace if i remember correctly.

Believe i still have the receipt in my glove box, might check it later for you.

vn50L

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt seriesII XU6
Thanks mate. That's a relief. Really didn't want to have to go digging again.

Cheers buddy

vn50L

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt seriesII XU6
There's no way I'm paying $80 for an inch of right angle rubber tube. Lol. I pulled the split piece off and hopefully bursons will have a replacement.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Yeh i know it was a bit steep, but back when this was happening, a mechanic when changing my spark plugs and doing a service, etc ended up making the split much much bigger to the point the car would almost stall, so i ended up limping it to Holden, bought it on the spot and got it replaced that afternoon, i wasn't concerned with the money then, just so i could get to/from work as required.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
I've seen people silicone on pieces of rubber hose over the top of the broken pieces.... alternatively you could go to a hose supplier and buy a $2 piece of right angle hose to suit

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Tikkat3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ Wagon
That hose goes from the front all the way around and to the back of the engine as one long piece.

Its was around $80 from Holden to replace if i remember correctly.

Believe i still have the receipt in my glove box, might check it later for you.

You are correct on the price.
Mine is cracked also and priced one up last week at Holden and they quoted me the same price but didnt have em in stock.

vn50L

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt seriesII XU6
So good of Holden to charge an exorbitant amount for a part they know is destined to fail.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Just buy some hose and 2 clamps, attach one to the manifold and one to the evap solenoid. No need for genuine