Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 running like a pig

auke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Excutive Wgn ex Police
I replaced all coil packs. to be on the safe side (check my earlier Post on coils Aug/sept 09 ??) $1200 and that fixed the problem.

MrNathanSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Took it to Holden today, they reckon its the ECU. Ill pick it up tomorrow hopefully fixed .

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Took it to Holden today, they reckon its the ECU. Ill pick it up tomorrow hopefully fixed .

Heh, I bet they do.

Make sure you're sitting down when they give you the bill! :whistling

mattsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SENATOR
How did you go with the ECU mate? Problem solved?

Loz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Am going through the same problem with my 2004 VZ. Holden told me it was a vaccum purge hose....fixed that but it still missed....they said it was a coil pack....fixed that ...it still misses..now they are blaming the gas conversion because the "gas module" is causing injector no 2 problems.......they disconnected injector 2 from the gas module and made me drive around on petrol ...it still misfired on petrol..... took it to the gas guy....he checked the wiring and told me that the ECU is not sending out a pulse....am taking it back to Holden this week but they don't believe the gas mechanic's diagnosis.....this is costing me a fortune while they fix all these parts that don't actually cause the problem.

How have others dealt with this??