Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 Running rough... Plz help!

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Station Wagon
Shelly

From memory the plugs go around 120K. You can change them, just get the right socket and extension and you will be fine.

ShellyMacca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Nah knowing my luck I will damage something or not do things up tight enough.. I will just have to pay him to did the work... And my memory is right.. The cheeky little ****... Oh well.. Maybe one is faulty.. If that is possible?! Think I might get him to do motor oil change too... It has been awhile since the last one

Silverbird

(Blake)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Station Wagon
Don't be casual about routine servicing. It really important. If you need oil and fluids done then do it.

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
To me this sounds fuel system related. If you were low on fuel and were on a steep driveway, youve possibly sucked all the crap that may have been sitting on the bottom of the tank into the fuel pump which has then blocked your injectors or other part of the fuel system. I would run a few more bottles of injector cleaner through the system combined with 98 fuel and see if that fixes your problem.
This doesnt sound like a gearbox issue, if you have an sv6, you cant check your tranmission oil without draining it from the gearbox as they are a "sealed" unit and dont have a dipstick :)

stirring up the crap from the bottom will end up in the filter not the injectors unless you are extremely unlucky
1-change fuel filter
plugs are good for up too 100,000klm depending on type-iridium or platinum (copper ones only good for 20,000klm)
2-new plugs
oil in the trans can be checked without draining (there is a procedure to follow-once you have removed the bung from the trans
3-get a trans service done as well if you are going to get the engine oil done

how did you go with your car?