Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz Sv6- tune and mace cai

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Hmm.. may have been too keen to go driving , will do it today cheers

My mate didn't say anything bout that when he hooked it up for me

When I fitted my Mace CAI and insulators , I disconnected the battery for a minute or two , if you do it flash your high beams , if they don't flash your good to go to reconnect , make sure you have your code for the stereo handy too , :beer chug: good luck .

newjack

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6, Vs s2 manual, Vy ss manual
When I fitted my Mace CAI and insulators , I disconnected the battery for a minute or two , if you do it flash your high beams , if they don't flash your good to go to reconnect , make sure you have your code for the stereo handy too , :beer chug: good luck .

I disconnect the battery for about 30mins... Turned car on went for a 20min cruise and it's still reading the same.. 17L/100Km just cruising!!!

Can anyone help me with this please?

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
Disconnecting the battery won't help the engine to learn faster, it just resets the fuel trims to the default ones so there goes the learning about what fuel you've used before and so on.
It's actually a bad idea to reset the ECU because there's very little chance your new setup is close to the default settings, all the contrary.

Also, it won't see any change after 20mins of driving, you should wait for at least a couple hundreds of Km.

Anyway, is your 17L/100 immediate or average?

newjack

Reaction score
Members Ride
Disconnecting the battery won't help the engine to learn faster, it just resets the fuel trims to the default ones so there goes the learning about what fuel you've used before and so on.
It's actually a bad idea to reset the ECU because there's very little chance your new setup is close to the default settings, all the contrary.

Also, it won't see any change after 20mins of driving, you should wait for at least a couple hundreds of Km.

Anyway, is your 17L/100 immediate or average?

So your saying I have to drive it in over a whole tank of fuel for it to calibrate?
Its the average even if I keep clicking (set) it keeps averaging around 17L/100km's... Got up to around 26L at one point

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
Yes, a whole tank should let the ECU learn about the exhaust and CAI. Stop resetting the trip and see how much you get on average over a longer period. An average value can't be determined with certainty over short trips.

My average can go up to 14L when only do short city trips but can go down to 9 when driving in the country or highway, that's with an SSV catback, extractors, stock cats, OTR CAI and MACE spacers, so I guess it's close to what you would get from a stock engine.

When I get 14L, the average speed is below 30km/h which means exclusive city driving so nothing to worry about, really.

newjack

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes, a whole tank should let the ECU learn about the exhaust and CAI. Stop resetting the trip and see how much you get on average over a longer period. An average value can't be determined with certainty over short trips.

My average can go up to 14L when only do short city trips but can go down to 9 when driving in the country or highway, that's with an SSV catback, extractors, stock cats, OTR CAI and MACE spacers, so I guess it's close to what you would get from a stock engine.

When I get 14L, the average speed is below 30km/h which means exclusive city driving so nothing to worry about, really.

Yep 200km's into the tank, the fuel has adjusted itself, everything is running mint. Can't keep a straight face everytime I drive now

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
Yep 200km's into the tank, the fuel has adjusted itself, everything is running mint. Can't keep a straight face everytime I drive now

That's good to hear but just out of curiosity, what did you exactly mean by "full exhaust"? Extractors, cats and catback and mufflers, the whole shebang? Or just a catback and mufflers?