Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 tyres

Nikkojoe

Reaction score
Members Ride
AE86, VE M6 UTE, Toyota 86
twb1979 said:
Members in WA.

Just out of pure interest I stopped at my local K-mart tyre and Auto in Kingsway this arvo to check on tyre prices for my SV6.

235/45 R17's

Bridgestone RE030 $312
Bridgestone B530 $321
Dunlop 3000A $219 -BA XR6 tyres
Goodyear F1 GS03 $229
Sonar NS1 $149

Fitted and premium balance..

rgds

Tom

Got B530's on the vx s. For the 16" they retail at around 300buck mark (very steep) but from kmart warwick got them fitted and balanced for a final price of 220 per tyre.

Ring around each place, asking for the best price you could get for the tyres you want, then ring another place saying that you could get them at a certain place for $*** and if they could beat that price ;) Then go back to the original place and say you can get it for a certain price from this place and see if they can beat it. Just keep doing it till ya luck runs out i guess :p

S

savo1982

tyrs

i work for a holden dealer shipin queensland i sell tyre here and service i like the dunlop sp sports 9000

steen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS
If sticking with Bridgestone when replacing the 235/45R17 RE030, I'd recommend a newer tyre. RE030/040 are superceded & made for OEM. The latest incarnation is RE050/A. Avoid the B530, it's not so good (old & OEM only). GIII is good, but S02/03 is plain better & hard to beat unless you go to spec-R street legal.

OZsSV6

Oz
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I'm getting Custom ROH Mantis' on next week, the mob that's doing it recommended to out on Goodyear. I'm still at two minds as what to use, but speaking to some boffins on the subject they reckon Dunlop's the go, I'ts easy to fit my rims... just hard to find a decent tyre.

Last edited:

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
Give the Goodyear Eagle F1's a go or the Goodyear Revspec heard there really grippy,this is what i'll get on the rims.

OZsSV6

Oz
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Will do mate. Thanks, I was leaning toward them and being pushed at the same time. I will put up a pic when she's got her new shoes on

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
yep got to show some pictures for sure especially of that turbo kit on the sv6,as they say if it saves you once a year it's a goodyear.lol.

*lebowski*

Reaction score
i've heard that maxxis tyres are very affordable and are really good quality. bob jane sells them. they make a couple of different 235/45R17's.

sv6_driva

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ 3.6 SV6 Commodore
SV6 Tyres

Potenzas scrubbed on the inside fronts on mine even though I had regular wheel alignments and balances done.

Replaced them with Dunlop 3000A's through beaurepairs. With NRMA discount they were only about $220 each.

Very happy with them, very grippy, they pick up and hold a lot of small rocks and gravel though.

Seem to be wearing pretty evenly so far.

CMA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I had Dunlop 3000A's on my VX S, the only down side is they are a little noisy. I was recommended Toyo TEO plus tyres which were so much quieter! I've currently got Marangoni tyres on the VZ which are great aswell.
Hope that helps