Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz tonner using coolant.

chrispy89

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 6sp Manual VZ ute
any luck on where these coolant leaks are? mine has one im trying to suss out

looks like run marks down the front timing chain cover behind the belt and coil packs, but it looks as if its spread around the engine bay with dots and spray marks all over the place.

same story it doesnt get overly hot but i find myself topping up the coolant a fair bit, i can take some pics if it would help describe what i mean?

thanks and OP sorry to hijack your thread but hopefully this helps us both out

no havent had any luck yet, still trying to find my uv light.

i dont mind hi-jacking as long as it hellps the cause for everyone

phillsau

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz sv6
i had the same issue last week had no signs of a leak or overheating but i got a flat batery and the rac checked my coolant a nd it was down filled it up a couple of time still couldn't see a leak ... i changed the radiator cap because the centre was broken and still lost water and the next day started getting alot of sqealing noises so i changed the water pump .... a really easy job ... and no more water loss ... it was leaking around the seal behind the pully then evaporating before it dripped couldn't belive it took ages to work out where it was going but have been driving for a week now and no more water loss and i though a water pump would last more than 125000 kms