Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ tune, where is the 48kw gone

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
what sort of tune did you get done?????

Warrior

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ one-tonner
what sort of tune did you get done?????
Don't know the name of it, but the one everybody have been talking about lately. I'll let you all know where and how much in a weeks time, and I'll attach dynosheet.

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
I got a tune done and the gained supposed to be 10 rwkw and better fuel economy. The max rwkw is now 127kw

what was the RWKW before the tune?

117rwkw and Iwill give it a week before I show you the dynosheet, just to be fair to the tuner.

Umm... is it just me or is that in fact a 10kw gain at the wheels??? :bop:

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
wat sort of tune did u get? i get xact same fuel mileage as ur.: 11.5-12.2l per 100km so maybe the mixtures and stuff havnt setteld yet? id be pretty dissapointed spending my hard earnd just to end up with the same drive! :)

Wouldnt be much of a tune if he had to wait for the fuel trims.

vy-346

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T 6A & VH-ZXA
Umm... is it just me or is that in fact a 10kw gain at the wheels??? :bop:

yep, he stated it gained the 10rwkw but hes just disappointed with the fuel economy and driveability still. And that the accessories are takin 50 off kw off him.

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
The VT and VX GTS commodores had 300kw at the flywheel but when dynoed the put out 220rwkw at the wheels. A loss of 80kw.

You have lost 48kw sounds about right to me.

Drivability is a completly different issue.

SICK SS

7L 427ci BABY
Reaction score
Members Ride
427 ci vu ss a4 ve ssv a6
why is every one so caught up on peak power figures how much torque did u gain mate torque is what wins races not peak power.Y dont u post up ur dyno sheets.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i dont see what the problem is? just from the tune u've gained 10rwkw's.. and the torque figures we havent even seen yet..

As VTSS350 said, holden measure power at the flywheel.. not at the rear wheels, where as the figures u have have from the dyno run is rear wheel kws.. there is not 1 car that doesnt lose power thru the drive train.. unless they've bolted the flywheel directly to the wheel..

Damien90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ commodore
you also have to bring in how many kay's ya might have done on the car,every time you turn on ur car and heat up the engine you will lose power ( probably 1millionth of a kw but still) so over its lifetime it will decrease in performance output at the engine, not to mention all the power its loses on its travel through the drivetrain. o and it ya tuner simply raises the alloytecs limiter, its gonna be worse cuz alloytec unfortunately hate higher revolutions :(

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
you also have to bring in how many kay's ya might have done on the car,every time you turn on ur car and heat up the engine you will lose power ( probably 1millionth of a kw but still) so over its lifetime it will decrease in performance output at the engine, not to mention all the power its loses on its travel through the drivetrain. o and it ya tuner simply raises the alloytecs limiter, its gonna be worse cuz alloytec unfortunately hate higher revolutions :(

nice thread dig mate, this is from 2007...pretty sure he woulda had it sorted by now lol