Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 Exhaust + Extractors

Nitronic_12

Loser of the loser flyby
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
Well if you get pacemakers you need a tune either way because of the loss of 2 sensors.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The tune won't fix it either. But it depends on the tuner I suppose, there are two SV6's that were done over here by the same tuner and the engine light still came on with an O2 sensor fault. I have asked my supplier to include a second set of O2 sensor fittings in the cats so they can be refitted in the SV6's.

The twin 2 1/4" all the way still results in a bit of bottom end loss. It's got to do with back pressure, but not loss of it. The twin loses gas velocity and actually increases back pressure. The twin into single keeps the velocity going so you keep your torque.

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
I've got twin 2.25 and pacemaker headers with standard cats. No engine lights or error codes. Sounds alright and definently feels more responsive.

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
Kal123 you shouldn't run pacemaker headers with standard cats dude......... your cats will heat up as more air gets to them and then gets trapped.....

--

Personally I think VZ Exec......... some sort of single 2.5" ......... VZ SV6 some sort of Twin 2.25".

I have pacemaker headers, 150cell hi-flows, one resonator for each side (10 cms from my each cat).......... down to a central middle muffler, out a 2.75" run to a rear resonator to a 2.5" out.

Weird setup............ I spent honestly around 5k just stuffing around on my exhaust (as i tuned, made changes, put diff parts in etc)

jaisvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SV6
i have paceys, magnaflo cats, twin 2 and half into single 3 inch in the rear....
sounds great in my opinion, but i do have forced induction

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Kal123 you shouldn't run pacemaker headers with standard cats dude......... your cats will heat up as more air gets to them and then gets trapped.....

--

Personally I think VZ Exec......... some sort of single 2.5" ......... VZ SV6 some sort of Twin 2.25".

I have pacemaker headers, 150cell hi-flows, one resonator for each side (10 cms from my each cat).......... down to a central middle muffler, out a 2.75" run to a rear resonator to a 2.5" out.

Weird setup............ I spent honestly around 5k just stuffing around on my exhaust (as i tuned, made changes, put diff parts in etc)

You can run standard cats, makes no real difference.

The system you have though is very good. What size pipes are from the cats through to the centre muffler?

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
You can run standard cats, makes no real difference.

The system you have though is very good. What size pipes are from the cats through to the centre muffler?

just your standard 2" twin setup from the cats to the middle muffler.

matt185

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
i ran 2.5 twin muffler on mky vz an i got no drone or anythin im goin to get extractors just wondering have u guys used 1 cat or 2 i was just going to Y peice it also i herd if u extend your o2 sensor further down it fixes the light coming on

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN