Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ v6 Fctory LPG Problems

67wogval

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
Hi fellas, i have a problem with my vz v6 its factory fitted lpg / duel fuel. It was runing rough on lpg where she was starting to miss and come in and out with power. I took it to ultra tune and had a diagnosis test done where it came up to replace front 02 sensors and the oil sensor switch. I replaced those with new items and problem was still there.

Now this week i took engine cover / manifold of, i pulled all my coils and i found one to be broken and faulty which for sure it was loosing spark there, i replaced that coil and i replaced all my spark plugs with brand new genuine holden items. I am 110 % sure that everything is put together correctly, everything connected where it should be ect. Now yesterday for the first time i took it on a 150 kay drive where i drove on lpg and it seemed like i fixed the problem. It didn`t miss or play up once. Now today i took the car for a drive again, now i have touched nothing from yesterday to today, and the old problem is back!!!

This has got me stuffed. Anybody have any ideas as to what it could be now? Oh also....the message check powertrain is coming back on, it wasn`t coming on after i replaced the 02 sensors, now that message is back.

BT1-355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP BT1 & BLOWN STATESMAN
How does it run on petrol ???????

67wogval

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
How does it run on petrol ???????

Oh the problem is just on lpg. When it starts to play up, miss / die in power, i flick it to petrol and straight away she takes of with out a hick up. Im thinking i could have a build up or gas blockage perhaps, but it doesn`t have a traditional convertor where you can pull out the needle to clean wax or build up like other cars. Its either that or maybe something electrical causing this which controls the amount of flow on lpg?

Anyone out there who knows about factory lpg?

Low06VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 WK HSV Grange #120
There is a set of filters usually down on the passenger side inner guard. They can both be changed. Otherwise there is also a small rubber elbow that connects to the throttle body, If it has a split or hole in it it'll cause the car to play up on gas only mate. The gas filters can be replaced with a repco oil filter. I'll get back to ya with the number of them.

67wogval

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
Ok thanks mate, i will have to have another look. If you are able to take a photo of the filters you are describing that will help me out heaps, as i`ve had a look but i didn`t really see anything before. I will look again tomorrow. Part numbers would be good also....thanks heaps.

67wogval

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz commodore
I have checked out car again, i can`t find any filters on passenger side, and i have double checked all gas hoses and lines and even the rubber elbow at throttle body and all looks good.