Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 injector removal

chevyshubox

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore
Hey everyone, Looking at changing the injectors in my V6 VZ.
The car has duel fuel.
It runs ruff on Petrol but perfect on Gas.
Ive changed plugs and put new Bosch coil packs in it but no difference.
It doesn't seam to be firing on number 5 when I pull the plug of the coil.
Im pretty sure its the injectors so I have purchased new bosch injectors.
After I unbolt the fuel rail how the hell do I get the injectors out.
I looked in the manual and it just says undo the fuel rail and fuel lines and pull the whole lot out together, im buggered if I can even get it to move at all.
I cant understand how it can all come out together when each side is on a different angle.
Can anyone tell me how to get them out.
Was thinking of removing the intake but I`m pretty sure I don't need to.

Thanks

SUS231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 S Ute 3.8L v6
Did you depressurise the fuel system? While the injectors can fail on the vz it is also common for the pcm to fail not triggering an injector.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
just give them a bit of a pull should come out thay are a bit tight spray a bit of wd40

chevyshubox

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore
Did you depressurise the fuel system? While the injectors can fail on the vz it is also common for the pcm to fail not triggering an injector.
I just depressurised it using the shraeder valve on the fuel line, Im thinking that's enough?, not too worried about a bit of spilt fuel.
I also checked at the plug just before the injectors that all of the trigger wires where triggereing using a method I found in another thread and that seams all good.

chevyshubox

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore
just give them a bit of a pull should come out thay are a bit tight spray a bit of wd40
Ok, well I`ll give it another go on the weekend. So the fuel rail and the 6 injectors all come out together is that correct.
looking at it it looks impossible for them to come out because of the two opposite angles they are on, they must come really loose once they are pried out a bit.

99notout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equip Wagon
Pull the rail off the top of the injectors, then pull them out one by one, it's easier.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
that's what I did ,just pull them firmly ,but slowly ,keeping them horisontle??? thay will come out all to gether like I said spray a bit off wd40 if your that worried,but should not need it I didnt

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pull the rail off the top of the injectors, then pull them out one by one, it's easier.
if its your first time, its a bit fiddle that way, the clips can be at odd angels to undo

chevyshubox

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk commodore
that's what I did ,just pull them firmly ,but slowly ,keeping them horisontle??? thay will come out all to gether like I said spray a bit off wd40 if your that worried,but should not need it I didnt
Thanks mate I`ll give it another go this weekend. And yes you are right some of the clips are facing the wrong way to actually pull them off while the injectors are still in the motor.