Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ V6 no ignition or fuel pump

nes138

Reaction score
Members Ride
FC HOLDEN with 5LT V8 (VT)
It says "to program a new PCM, go to service programming on the tech2, go into program ECU, if the PCM will not program, renew the PCM.The PCM must be security linked to the PIM and BCM".

What workshop manuals are you using Brett?

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
okay still confused How does the cars computers know its a different motor?? can some one explain..
the ECM doesnt know if the motor has been changed, from what i can gather is that the ECM off of the donor motor was left on the engine, plugged in and tried to start which would set the immobilizer function to not let engine start.
which again is why i said why not just use the original ECM ? wont have a problem then

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
from what little I understand engine control module, monitors and adjusts set engine parameters,EG from o2 scencors. oil temp. oil pressure, engine knock scensers, ignition . SO how can it know if its not the original engine... Or it looks like the ecm is also linked in with immobalizer which explain the NO start. I always thought that was body control modules job , My way off thinking and im no computer nerd is BCM says too ecm start car car starts then ecm runs car engine,,, OR im just lost as no one has explained how it works... Seems as no one knows for sure

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ, LN167 Turbo Hilux, VSII Ute
the ECM doesnt know if the motor has been changed, from what i can gather is that the ECM off of the donor motor was left on the engine, plugged in and tried to start which would set the immobilizer function to not let engine start.
which again is why i said why not just use the original ECM ? wont have a problem then

The first thing i did once the motor was in was plug the original ecm into it. As i brought the vehicle with the heads removes i didnt know 100% if the ecm evan works so i then tried it with my new ecm and made no difference.