Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ v6/SV6 OTR CAI

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
actually naf your wrong. I'm 100% dead on the mark. OTR is 99.9% prefered mafless tune to go with it.......... and I know what it stands for you idiot. The maf sensor when moved around 'at all' need to essentially be re-calibrated on the ECU. It's not just some generic thing u can blow air on and it'll measure the same every time........ there's a bit more to it then that.

....... excuse me for thinking thats a numskull comment but sorry I know better........... OTR is not for the alloytech V6......... well not atleast the VZ series

what are you basing this on?? i have seen it fitted first hand, and the car deffently ran nicer, no huge performance gains or miracle cures, but was just all round more drivable.
no ones argueing that a maffles tune would be better, after all it is the weakest point in the intake system, but moving it 20cm closer to the thrttle body is not going to have an adverse effects. even on the v8 some choose to leave the maf sensor on when fitting a OTR intake, and still see power gains

Dr Zoidberg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V6
I fitted a OTR intake fitted on my VZ V6 using the air flow meter {just had to extend the wires} havent had any problems with idle/starting etc. Its alot more responsive, I may be selling it due to upgrading my car. PM me with an offer if anyones intrested.

Dr Zoidberg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V6
Vz v6 otr

Sorry about the bad pic's, they were taken with the I phone.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 1,780
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 3,231

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
thats from that OPG from ebay, they changed the design because they themselves said there was problems with the first lot

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
Why even bother with an OTR? You might as well dust the car to remove weight. Spend your money on a real upgrade.

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
Oh and if you keep the MAF sensor, it may be too close to the entry of the intake(there is a reason why they put them in the middle of a straight pipe), there will be turbulence around the sensor and it will read wrong. Mafless if the way to go, if you can.