Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz v6

dono12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 ute
hey just wondering what the best mods for a 3.6 litre to get more power?

coug

gotta love the v8
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 vx ss
search feature will be of some help to you here mate, usual stuff, exhaust, diff gears, shift kit, charge/turbo etc etc

mattyk

Reaction score
Members Ride
was: VZ SV6 M6 2004 is: VX SS M6 2001
a V8 =P lol.. no when i had my SV6... i had a platora of ideas... but it all depends on budget and wants... you can go all out of supercharging... or go with a tune, and shift program?... research and enjoy... have a goal... more power, trackability... dyno runs?... what?

MattMarkey

Matty
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ CALAIS
mate start with basics...
2hole mod to your air box or cold air induction, exhaust, headers and cats, bigger injectors and high flow fuel pump. depending on money look into a CRP6 air intake manifold. If your wanting something hectic maybe check out the range of superchargers available for the alloytec.
now with tunes, i know that VCM suite doesn't have tuning programs available for mine or your cars (5speed semi-auto). unless yours is a manual of course lol. then you can look into a performance tune.
apart from that mate i think thats it aye..............

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
i thought vcm can tune the alloytec, i dont think they can tune the gearbox though. there is a sticky thread on the vz page with a big list of mods to do

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
search feature will be of some help to you here mate, usual stuff, exhaust, diff gears, shift kit, charge/turbo etc etc

Nah, the search function on this forum is crap. Try the VZ frequently asked questions. It's in the VZ section as one of the stickies.

MattMarkey

Matty
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ CALAIS
yeah well i spoke to a bloke from vcm and i was asking about it and they can only tune the 4speed auto's not the 5 speed auto's. i dont know why, he didnt say why. just said they dont do it.

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
yeah well i spoke to a bloke from vcm and i was asking about it and they can only tune the 4speed auto's not the 5 speed auto's. i dont know why, he didnt say why. just said they dont do it.

strange, just thought impulsesv6 has a vcm tune and hes got the 5sp auto

alex2_s

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6 Sedan Auto
No they CAN tune the engine, just can't change the gearbox (Shift patterns etc) like you can in the 4spds.