Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ-VE Alloytec Powerbond Power Pulley Kit Group Buy

MACE

Reaction score
Yea it was really good considering it had all the extra parts with it.
The guy I bought it off even delivered it to my place :)

Btw steve do u sell aftermarket chains for these alloytecs?

That's an awesome deal for sure!

No chains at the moment David :(

picked up my kit :) so cross me off the list :)
Pleasure meeting you Arthur, never heard the 3.0L SIDI's before, yours sounded quite good when you were taking off :D

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
Awesome meeting you too finnaly haha :) and thnx :) its gonna sound better with a CAI :) i had abit of preview for myself in the garage and with stock set up it sounds nice ( opened box kept filter in place reved and yeah got an idea)
nice dealing with you :)
That's an awesome deal for sure!

No chains at the moment David :(

Pleasure meeting you Arthur, never heard the 3.0L SIDI's before, yours sounded quite good when you were taking off :D

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Was good to meet Cap and Kuzman today, install wasn't really that hard, bit of a prick getting the new belt on!

What are people's thoughts on the pulley kit fitted to the 3.6 SIDI motor???
Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure I'm feeling any change, idk... Might need to drive it some more to see.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Might be because you installed them at the same time? I felt mine as soon as I drove it off the first time!

Pulley kit was a 30 minute job. For some reason expected it to be harder. Steve if you read this, after I went for abit of a squirt, what appeared to be white fluid (possibly cooling liquid) came out of the engine pulley we installed (not the harmonic balancer) cleaned it up and havent seen it since, but I'm thinking might be too tight??
BTW for anyone installing springs and shocks on a VE ute, the front was easy!!! Rears were a nightmare, took is 30 minutes on the front and like 3-4 hours on the rears!!

MACE

Reaction score
Glad the installation when well for everyone .de

In regards to pulley bolts on too tight, you know that this is the case if you've cross threaded the casting or broken the bolt.

Not great ways to find out LOL.

So I think you'll be right :p

Cheers,
Steve

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Kuzman, with the rear spring did u take out the bolt for the rear shock???

Was great meeting ya too man, car looks awesome, shame about the timing chains. Best of luck. Btw what do you mean by this?? We swapped over all the parts that I didn't have. Including the bump stop.

Btw, will pm soon, but everyone else who hasn't payed, please do so!! Get it organised asap as Steve has been waiting awhile now.

CAPRILICIOUS WL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL CAPRICE
Was great meeting ya too man, car looks awesome, shame about the timing chains. Best of luck. Btw what do you mean by this?? We swapped over all the parts that I didn't have. Including the bump stop.

Thanks man :)
It's actually getting fixed at the moment, went in this morning.
Here's more about the update for the timing chains on my car. http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...unds-like-diesel-please-help.html#post2042641

It may be different on the Ve utes, but when I did the rear on the vzs they were easier than the front.
I'm not to familiar with utes.