Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Wheels

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
did you own a ford? or are they 5X114?

The only "Ford" that ever darkened my driveway was a Telstar - far and away the worst car I have ever owned.

No, the last car was a Mk 5 Golf, perhaps it was 112.5.

goose2

40. the new 20
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT BerlinaWagon/VZ exec wagon

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
I was under the impression that the stud pattern is the same for the VE, but the aforementioned smaller hub centre causes the problem. All they really need to do is open up the hub bore a little to fit the earlier larger hubs. Easy to do really, but must be damn accurate!

It's kinda like going the other way - aftermarket mags where the hub bore in the rim is a bit too large - you must use "hub rings" to fill in the gap. The wheel studs definitely CANNOT be relied on to take the loads. The centre of the rim must be a snug fit over the hub centre, then the nuts are there to hold the wheel on - not much more than that. ;)

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
have to agree with Greg here ... ah, Im confused :whistling

All I know is they look hot on a Zedder :thumbsup:

P4101166.jpg

MidnightFS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Series III
For anyone that is still interested in this topic, i just put a brand new set of WM Statesman rims on my VS.

For anyone that has tried to do this before knows about the little tapered lip on the newer rims that make the hub size 5mm smaller in diameter.

I tried a few different things that i read up about online: hand file, small grinding stone attachment for a drill, sanding bits and a router.

Using a router with a Ball Bearing Guided bit worked perfectly. You literally can feel no hight different in the surfaces.
I STRONGLY recommend using this method if you have access to a router rather then paying someone $60 a rim to do it or risking it/wasting time doing it by hand.

I used a router bit similar to this one:
24740-01-200.jpg

Technical Name: Shear Cutting Flush Trim Bit
You should be able to pick these up from any decent hardware store (Bunnings etc).

All the other methods ended up either failing in the end or just being to messy/taking to long.

Anyway hope this can be of help to someone and save them some time! =)