Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

W375 dyno before and after results

XR_Strider_GuY

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV GEN F2 SV Black
This topic has made me curious with regards to the stage 1 kits offered. A classic case is the series 1 6.0L V8 packages that many shops claim 310-315kw and around 600Nm torque at the fly. By those numbers, a stage 1 310-315kw enhanced 6.0L should be alot quicker than a stock VFII LS3.

Different car, but I read in one of the Mustang comparisons that the theoretical Tickford 360kw stage 1 package (a whopping 56kw increase) is no quicker than the stock 306kw factory Mustang GT.

Again, definitely not mocking anyone who is after a beefy sound and induction roar to complete the driving experience. Many of the kits are high quality with an OEM level of finish.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
This topic has made me curious with regards to the stage 1 kits offered. A classic case is the series 1 6.0L V8 packages that many shops claim 310-315kw and around 600Nm torque at the fly. By those numbers, a stage 1 310-315kw enhanced 6.0L should be alot quicker than a stock VFII LS3.

Lower diff ratios in VF2make huge difference.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Spot on. The guys at C&A Auto said not to dwell on the dyno sheet or power figures. I got 292 RWKW and they said after 10k kms it would loosen up and easily do over 300 RWKW. For reference, I only had driven 1,500kms or so in the car when I got this done. I don't have the before but here's the after. The line that starts low and really ramps up is the KW, use the left scale to read it. The flatter line is the torque, starts at 525 and maxes around 640.

This is a 385 flywheel KWs pack. Cost me $4800 vs whatever WS charge, $7000+?

View attachment 196263
A mate of mine had his LS1 VZ tuned there.. that's a very happy dyno I reckon. Stock ls1 with just an otr and tune dyno'd just under 250rwkw on their dyno. Ive driven it and certainly not as powerful as I'd expect 250rwkw to be. Think the thing needs a touch up tune too, auto shifts are harsh and uses heaps of fuel.

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline

Different car, but I read in one of the Mustang comparisons that the theoretical Tickford 360kw stage 1 package (a whopping 56kw increase) is no quicker than the stock 306kw factory Mustang GT.

Again, definitely not mocking anyone who is after a beefy sound and induction roar to complete the driving experience. Many of the kits are high quality with an OEM level of finish.

Don't forget a lot of these tuners overstate the power a bit. so the Walkinshaw 310kw kit might not be a genuine 310kw. You do get the odd numpty who will go with a particular brand/tuner because they promise a handful of KW more than some other tuner doing the same mods, hence why it's a dick measuring contest between tuners as to who can get the more power out of the same mods

i always cop it from people because my VF2 (supercharged and cammed) has "only" 420rwkw. Because they've seen similar cars with same supercharger, boost and cam punching much higher figures

NewbC4KE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV M6 & Monaco M4 125cc 2 Stroke Go Kart
Don't forget a lot of these tuners overstate the power a bit. so the Walkinshaw 310kw kit might not be a genuine 310kw. You do get the odd numpty who will go with a particular brand/tuner because they promise a handful of KW more than some other tuner doing the same mods, hence why it's a dick measuring contest between tuners as to who can get the more power out of the same mods

i always cop it from people because my VF2 (supercharged and cammed) has "only" 420rwkw. Because they've seen similar cars with same supercharger, boost and cam punching much higher figures

Mostly just peasants who 9 out 10 drive a peasantry vehicle.

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE

420rwkw is a bucket load no matter what the dyno, I can only imagine the supercharged torque figure, like 850nm?

lockwood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MSE
DRE's dyno sheet paints the picture. I've read other posts where the 375 boogies from around 3K, compared to stock tune, and the 407 then really pulls away from around 4200.
Where will I find DRE's dyno sheet please?

PeteSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SSV Redline
420rwkw is a bucket load no matter what the dyno, I can only imagine the supercharged torque figure, like 850nm?

Not too sure on torque figure, as the dyno sheet only had a tractive effort figure. It's certainly not lacking in torque...