Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WA Legal System at its finest :(

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
Bloody people not owning up for their own actions just shits me.:rant:

Yeah i hear you, if i had been a half second quicker i would have been in your position. Luckily i got away with soft tissue damage etc. I was told by a lawyer not to waste my time going to court because it was 50/50 if it would go my way, even though i was not in the wrong. So i'm stuck with $600-$800 worth of repairs on a $2300 bike. Grrrrr!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
How so? All it means is that the guy in the car did not give way to Quick308, most likely the driver was pulling onto the roundabout in front of the bike, already on it.

Erm, he said "and almost got cleaned up by a bloke on a round about that didn't give way to me"

To me cleaned up means the car come from the persons right. Had he said "I almost cleaned up a car pulling in front of me" to the likes, then it would make sense with what your saying. Your not cleaned up if you ride into a car in front of you...

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Erm, he said "and almost got cleaned up by a bloke on a round about that didn't give way to me"

To me cleaned up means the car come from the persons right. Had he said "I almost cleaned up a car pulling in front of me" to the likes, then it would make sense with what your saying. Your not cleaned up if you ride into a car in front of you...

I'd say the use of the term 'cleaned up' would refer to who comes off worse. Or, even based on who is at fault. I wouldn't state that I cleaned someone up by them driving in front of me, it puts the onus on the speaker instead of the responsible party.

Not to mention he said "did not give way to me", which automatically means he was on the roundabout and had right of way. If he had right of way, how could the driver have 'not given way' if the rider were not already on the roundabout?

pillzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
and old mate of mine was in a coma for 3 months and has metal in various parts of his body from a car accident 12 or so years ago , he never got any councelling and since then hes just got wierder and crazier over time...
i dont know you obviously but i would suggest getting some sort of counceling if its eating away at you , all the best.

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
How so? All it means is that the guy in the car did not give way to Quick308, most likely the driver was pulling onto the roundabout in front of the bike, already on it.

yes thats exactly what happend, what makes it worse is he saw me way before he entered the roundabout, but decided to go anyway, words dontn't descirbe how pissed off i was that day, if he hit me he would have killed me for sure, at the speed he was going.

sleek_vp

sleek_vp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
well iv seen plenty of near accidents involving motorbikes caused by fckuwit drivers and fckuwit motorcyclists, but have to say 95% of motorcyclists bloody deserve to come of second best coz their actions are plain stupid- like lane splitting at atleast 40 in standstill traffic/ overtaking between cars in a 1 meter gap/ and bloody tailgating (i find more bikes than cars do this), not saying all motorcyclists do all this but iv seen bugger all not do them, and not being sexist simply stating facts but a majority of problems if riding a bike is bloody women drivers NOT shoulder checking and impatient middle aged arseholes who like to try and not give way to bike riders, i see stupid **** everyday and now when driving i like to sit back and watch the tools who like to think they are superior in a car but anyway il shut up for now but best of luck for tomorrow im sure it was an accident but maybe she should have been more cautious and not think its all beer and skittles on the road

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Sorry I dropped off looking at this post :p

It ended up going back 5 times before she entered a plea. found guilty. fined $4,000 and lost license for 2 years. Also got a spent conviction so it will never appear on her record unless trying to get into military.

saber

Reaction score
Members Ride
None - At the moment :)
Sorry I dropped off looking at this post :p

It ended up going back 5 times before she entered a plea. found guilty. fined $4,000 and lost license for 2 years. Also got a spent conviction so it will never appear on her record unless trying to get into military.

Hey mate, how are you doing since your opening post? Have you recovered from the paralysis???

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
I walk with a Limp, Back is aching most all day every day, Left arm is useless, but hey life goes on

Hopefully will have compo sorted by the end of the year which means I can get back into my own house etc again