Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WA Police Minister to ban Radar/Laser detector ownership

statement

reaching new limits
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY/VZ Calais/Tonner
i don't see how banning radars going to change anything, cause if the person going to speed their going to speed. then they say that are dodging fines well what about putting a higher presence on the road, then you won't speed if they are seen, an they advertised in the paper, t.v an radio :confused: why not ban that to, cause it just pointless

if they want to justifed fine dodgers then make the goverment accountable for all their fines that just disappear an for all the police records that they got away with :mad:

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
kmbattle said:
They can ban them.
Ill still use mine.

i have the same stance mate and IF it does go through i will do my best to continue to use
BUT
i know that coppers over east have detectors that detect radar detectors.....if that makes sense.
so might be hard but if they pull me up from behind from detecting it as opposed to seeing it going past me then i have a sneeky little plan to hide it in a area they wont find :yeah: :whistling

Last edited:
P

portercg

Won't help you if you hide your detector or disguise it. The cops have seen every excuse under the sun and if you get cute they won't get cute back, you'll just get a lesson in radar detector detecting hardball. Don't even fall for the so called "undetectable" radar detectors. You'll still get done in the end because your losing battle is like this.... Radar Manufacturers bring out a radar detector that they say can't be detected and begin selling them. The radar detector detector (RDD) manufacturer just buys one, measures it's signals and send an upgrade to the police forces around the globe. So it's not long before the "latest and greatest" detectors are nothing but trash. See what I mean?

Basically if you have the "can't stick to the speed limit" sickness, invest in the road angel or similar technology to keep your speed under control and do your real speeding at a circuit or drag strip. The only cure I know is to join a club and go racing.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
portercg said:
Basically if you have the "can't stick to the speed limit" sickness, invest in the road angel or similar technology to keep your speed under control and do your real speeding at a circuit or drag strip. The only cure I know is to join a club and go racing.

there seems to be a strong stereotype that if you have a radar detector you use it to speed which is totally incorrect.
sure some people do but some dont.

there are added benifits to owning one.
it informs you of roadworks ahead (if they have the transmitter on)
it informs you of emergency vehicles in transit eg: ambulance. so you can make appropriate measures to move out the way before they come past

also a lot of people and myself find you can drive better coz your more relaxed. you dont have to alert on looking for cameras on the side of the road. you can concentrate on your driving and cars around you when your not worrying about getting flashed doing 5km/hr over the limit on the freeway.

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
they need speed cameras for revenue raising and radar detectors are deminishing these funds.
think about it.....if your doing 150km in a 100km zone and the radar detector goes off.....you would get flashed by the time you could SAFELY slow down to the limit. no matter what distance claims the radar detector manufacturer stats.

there are black spots and dodgy roads that need fixing which will save lives.
try that first!!!
there is a road section near my house which is know for many years as a blackspot and many people have had accidents and died (2 ppl on new years eve on motorbike died on impact...for one example)
the shire knows, the government knows, the main roads knows, the residents know. there has been letters and partitions even and NOTHING

they would prefer not to spend any money and simply ban radar detectors which means a net profit gain $$$$$ as opposed to spending money on roads (which is expensive) and not gain any extra profit.

they should stop using piss weak excuses

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
VYSHSV8 said:
Sent both of them an email

this is basically what I said

Michelle,

If you bann these it just says it all

YOU DONT GIVE A **** ABOUT PEOPLE AND THERE LIVES AND IT IS ALL ABOUT REVENUE RAISING AND SPENDING THE MONEY ON PAY RISES NOT ROAD SOLVING PROBLEMS, trust me I used to work on the roads and they are **** and the Govt should be disgraced at what they call SAVING LIVES, look at the N/T how many deaths did they have and they have no limit.

Put money towards fixing the long distance roads and open the speed limit up and you will save lives Time = saving lives not speeding fines..

Put some money towards driver education etc etc..
If I see some more major roadworks down south of Perth I will be really pissed as this is known as the RICHIES playground Polies as well..

Radar detectors dont cause deaths People Do.

So get of your HIGH horse and wake up.

Thanks for Nothing

Drew

The down south bit is not directed at all as my family have a house down there as well but at the amount of roadworks going on down that way compared to the long Haul roads North and East

You said that? I would of deleted it if I was the person receiving it.