Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Waiting, waiting...

wrangle

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF 2 Redline
Who else is still waiting for delivery?

Gutting me to watch the factory close without having my redline delivered.
Dealer tells me that there are 900 cars at the factory and a shemozzle trying to get them on trucks and delivered to dealers. Mine could be on a truck in couple of days or a couple of weeks!

Anyone else got this problem?

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I fully understand ... we drove the actual car we bought, yet it was still murder waiting the week ‘til they had it ready for sale!

Lookit this way, you’ll have one of the most desirable ones, the very last of the very best. Plus apparently these last cars have the best build-quality in the entire GM world, which has to be a plus.

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Mazda 6
Yes mate - ordered mine back in February, came off the line on Tuesday. Dealer said it may be available for pickup this weekend but could be next week. Killing me haha!

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
I to am waiting for delivery of my redline,it came off the line on Tues,last cars built on Wed,mine should be here in Syd on the 30th,just been loaded Thurs GMH into large eight car box then trucked to ADL freight terminal on to trains,normally AB6 to Syd (you see them as huge green boxes on low rider wagons on trains) then train To SFT Chullora then truck to Mino for NSW distribution to dealers,I'm lucky to have a really switched on dealer at Pennant Hills who gives me up to dates and info plus I'm in the transport business,I ordered mine in June for one of the last off the line,da man ben my last four VIN digits are 3627 see if your are close to mine.

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
I to am waiting for delivery of my redline,it came off the line on Tues,last cars built on Wed,mine should be here in Syd on the 30th,just been loaded Thurs GMH into large eight car box then trucked to ADL freight terminal on to trains,normally AB6 to Syd (you see them as huge green boxes on low rider wagons on trains) then train To SFT Chullora then truck to Mino for NSW distribution to dealers,I'm lucky to have a really switched on dealer at Pennant Hills who gives me up to dates and info plus I'm in the transport business,I ordered mine in June for one of the last off the line,da man ben my last four VIN digits are 3627 see if your are close to mine.

3575 mate! Must’ve been close! Haha. I’ve been advised mine will be available for pick up tomorrow at 10.30am... can’t wait.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
You guys who still haven't picked up your cars will have the knowledge that, not only do you have the best of the last model made but possibly a car that was built within the last day or two of production and the last dozen or so Holdens ever built after more than 69 years and 7.6 million cars.

I reckon it will be worth members indicating their VIN numbers to see who actually receives the latest car built.

dah_man_ben

Reaction score
Members Ride
You guys who still haven't picked up your cars will have the knowledge that, not only do you have the best of the last model made but possibly a car that was built within the last day or two of production and the last dozen or so Holdens ever built after more than 69 years and 7.6 million cars.

I reckon it will be worth members indicating their VIN numbers to see who actually receives the latest car built.

Not even just the last Holden’s... the last cars ever built in Australia of any make.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Not even just the last Holden’s... the last cars ever built in Australia of any make.

That may not be the case. There is always the possibility that individuals will still build their own cars using components from production vehicles.

LS1SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline.1970 Dodge R/T Challenger 440 six pack.
The VIN number race would be rather interesting for members on this site,I bet there would be a few later ones owners have but don't know about this site,I know there are two other redlines going to my dealer built same time as mine,one green and a lmf and not yet got a name on them,I shall try to check out their vins.