Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Waking through the night / Sweats

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Nope. Elfexor i think is the spelling

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I went through a similar patch a few years ago , had a complete lifestyle change , quit smoking , cut back on alcohol , change of diet , but being a diagnosed clinical depressive , I still take meds for it , but I'm now in a much better place than I was 10 years ago . Things get better mate , you've made a big step in asking for help , and that takes courage .

monkey

Donating Member
Reaction score
Hadnt seen this thread till now. I had the same thing going on for a few months last year. Ive never been on meds and quit smoking a long time ago but still drink way too much. I have put mine down to the drinking and probably things on my mind. Slowed that up, drank more water, became just a little bit more physically and mentally active and it went away. Never been a fan of man made mind altering drugs either, that includes prescriptions. Unless it grows out of the ground it can go get stuffed.

Hope you can get on top of it soon mate.

harvs54

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy series 2
I get the same symptoms
25 year old male, do 2 or 3 workouts a week and eat a relatively healthy diet, I drink 2 bottles of sparkling water a day and eat heaps of watery fruit ( apples kiwis and peaches etc )
I get 8 hours of sleep every night, but I wake up exhausted. I've had loads of blood tests and all came back perfectly fine. I am on antidepressants.

I have chronic tinnitus and think its largely due to that.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
If we want to get technical, im currently taking Venlafaxine haha. But yeah, my bad, Effexor is the common(ish) term.

Group C

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6
How long you been on Effexor for, I was prescribed that and had similar symptoms, so changed medication came off effexor

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I don't really want to mention how long I've been on the medication for, however, longer than the symptoms.

I am aware of the common symptoms - nausea, drowsiness, fidgety etc - however the sweaty head/waking up through the night is a new one.

It's still occuring too.