Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WALESY's pimpn WH Caprice

VYBR8R

VYBR8NV8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute 5.7/A4
like the sound of a cam, 218 would be the go, my mate bretts running that and sees flat 13's all night on street tyres and with wheel spin in the 1st 3 gears not bad for an stato. from memory he's managed to make do with out a stall either. or you could have my 228 when i swap it for a 232 236 in july offers there that'll save you 700 - 800 $

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
yeh might do that.. i like ur idle.. nice and lumpy :p

VYBR8R

VYBR8NV8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute 5.7/A4
all you'd need is a few more things to match i dunno how long the cams been in there though! have to ask mitch at WA performance bout that. mines only that lumpy cause the O2 sensors are on their way out fix them up (expensive though) and ill have alot smoother idle wont stall in the cold either. bloody thing gets annoying sometimes. might get some better fuel economy as well haha

walesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
what do i need to match?

VYBR8R

VYBR8NV8
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute 5.7/A4
valve springs, pushrods (might as well take mine that'll match lol) ill need new ones for a different size lobed cam. double row timing chain is a good investment. and that balancer your talking about putting on would make the most of it, you'd be doing mid 12's for sure after that

walesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
would bloody hope so... should be doind a mid to high 12 with the diff gear swap and stallie

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
nice stato!

What an insult! lol looks in pretty good nick for it's age :thumbsup:. those times you ran reminds me of my old ute :cry: brings back such fond memories, unopened mine was 13.33@108 (best mph was 110mph) if only I could launch the fn thing properly lol (M6). Keep up the good work mate and get that cam in ;)

walesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers aggro! ur name reminds me of my old favorite cartoon show i used to watch before school :p what kinda ute was it?

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
I don't wish to clutter your thread too much so I give ya the basics. '01 S pack gen3 m6ute monaro front end etc. Similar mods to yours but I still had the maf ended up with 250rwkw. Cam n diff gears you NEED! ;)

walesy

Reaction score
Members Ride
oh nice! yeh i got 3.45 diff gears at home (thanks VYBR8R :p) but im thinking i wnna go taller like 3.7 or 3.9