Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walkinshaw Power Pack

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Ah fair enough, yeah i gather the sidi's are still too new for anyone to have any performance package... i believe the sidi sv6 is a hidden beast just waiting for the right performance package to come along... got left in the dust by a fg xr6 T.... yeah not good, i know full well of its stock output vs mine just wanted to see him use his fuel up :) didn't too badly with a ba or bf (too dark couldn't regonise) xr8 tonight either he couldnt shift or he's got tranny issues.

vz 914

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV GTS , VZ UTE, VL GROUP A
My only beef with walky's power pack is that they use X-Force headers, cats, and exhaust, which if you do your research youll find the X-Force headers are no better then stock, the X-Force cats tend to die within a year or so, and the X-Force system as a whole is a pretty cheap low-end system. Now it will certainly open it up from stock given that the stock system is 2.25", so it will get the job done but there are much better systems out there. And walkinshaw will fit one if you supply it, so I recommend the package but just supply your own exhaust system.
Just as a comparison, walkinshaw quotes that this package will give you around 250rwkw, now CHE who offer the same package (induction, tune, exhaust) custom make their own headers, cats and exhaust and quote their package at 260-270rwkw....

Just some food for thought

walkinshaw exhausts are made by HM/Perry

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
mate, good luck with the turbo taxi once that thing spools up! Need to put a snail or two in yours aswell I reckon! But when the tune comes out, the sidi should be a head kicker - no reason why not.

The xr8 may or may not have had tranny issues - but they DEFINITELY have torque issues! Spoken to many disgruntled stock xr8 owners sobbing over getting beat at the lights by "mum's exec commodore"!

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
True about the the turbo taxi... i had no hope... as for the xr8 low end issues haha. I love to put a snail in mine hopefully that article in the JC news room i read about the future prospect of twin snails in future v6's will become a reality.. but for now love my sv6 wouldn't want to part with her anytime soon, with only 60kw slower than a stock ssv and fg xr6 T my plan is to reach that target or beat it...only just.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Definitely do-able - just have to wait for someone to crack that tune. Can't be too far off! Been talk of a TT direct injection 6 for years now - I think everyone's too worried about losing V8 sales - I'd still buy an 8 - just for the sound if nothing else. Would be a ball-tearer though! There's been some decent figures coming out of non-sidi V6s with OTRCAIs, tunes, headers, cats and cat backs for a while now - The DI 6 should easily top that.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
True about the the turbo taxi... i had no hope... as for the xr8 low end issues haha. I love to put a snail in mine hopefully that article in the JC news room i read about the future prospect of twin snails in future v6's will become a reality.. but for now love my sv6 wouldn't want to part with her anytime soon, with only 60kw slower than a stock ssv and fg xr6 T my plan is to reach that target or beat it...only just.

not always about kw's man tourqe is what gets you going and pushes you back in the seat, the sidi has 258 lb·ft (350 N·m) @ 2900 rpm and the ve ss has 391 lb·ft (530 N·m)@4400rpm. just some food for though

btw not havn a go at ya mate lol my mate has got one and they are a very nice car :)

Edit: i cant find any tourqe figures for the sidi at a higher rpm but the cherovlett version that has 237 or something kws has between 260 - 270 N.m at 5000 - 6000rpm

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
Nah all good non taken pal :) of course you need the torque to match the power you are wanting.

Chaps90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
Was just thiking about how everyone is all about the kw and not the torque. I am thinking about walkinshaw for my car.

Just can't decide on what I want. I think the 2.5 and headers with the otr and tune.

But then again I love the sound of the 3 inch. Still can't decide haha.

I would be fitting it too a series II SS auto. Thought?