Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walkinshaw Sticky...Grennan?

Hypnerotomachia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Grennan, as you suggested in your last comment on the latest Walkinshaw thread, perhaps you should make a sticky. Dealerships are actively offering Walkinshaw kits, so why not have a sticky that offers alternatives so that people can make a better informed choice rather than searching through 17 closed down threads?

I went into the whole thing blind and relied on my youthful desires for the Walkinshaw pigs and got a W310.

I would have happily looked at alternatives if the information of good distributors/mechanics and opinions were easier to come by. I was reading this forum (and others) for a while before taking the plunge, but would have really appreciated a decent thread.

I'm thinking perhaps a couple of stickys? Suspension, brakes etc. there are shiiteloads of VFs on the road now.

For the record, I'm really happy with what I have from Walkinshaw (GenTech has done an awesome job) - yes overpriced - but happy.

Anyhow...I'll shut up now.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
For those in SE QLD I highly rate Tekno Performance at Stapylton. They do a 350kw pack that competes with the W310 but includes a custom dyno tune instead of the preset Walkinshaw tune - which means they can get a bit more out of it. I took my SS ute down there, spec'd the 350 pack with bigger pipes and ended up with almost 360rwhp - a very solid increase on an engine that hasn't been run in yet (it had ~1200kms on it). It was cheaper than the Walkinshaw pack and I have driven it side by side - IMO sounds a bit deeper. I was also pleased when I put it up to find the exhaust is a V-band setup and tucked up very nicely - even with the big pipes I haven't lost any ground clearance. They also do a driveline warranty.

Limitations are of course to those in SE QLD (or those willing to drive).

Greg is super helpful and I will be using them again.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
If you like, I can compile a sticky for places and different exhausts as well as an FAQ.

I know we had some good ones in the VE section and VE/VF same **** so most of it will just copy over.

I know places in Victoria that will do similar packages. If people from other states would like to chip in, post up the details here and I can compile it.

Hypnerotomachia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
If you like, I can compile a sticky for places and different exhausts as well as an FAQ.

I know we had some good ones in the VE section and VE/VF same **** so most of it will just copy over.

I know places in Victoria that will do similar packages. If people from other states would like to chip in, post up the details here and I can compile it.

Sweet, that would be great. I realise that much will be a straight swapover - I'd just love to see as many people as possible get the support they need to buy the last of a dying breed.

P.S. I'm happy to help.