Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

want to make heads turn a little more....

Michael_123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2 5.7l
ive got extractors, high flow cats and a twin 2.5in system on my SV8 and its loud. probably too loud but i just cant be bothered gettin a resi put in it lol.

Price mate?

captaincaveman

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
Yeah it will never sound as deep as the 5lt, I had 2.5 gonzo mufflers with remus resignators, its the best sound i can get after 3 different set ups, very happy with it.

holdencple

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS 5.7L LS1
i have a 3.5 inch single system with extactors very nice deep sound when cruising and race car roar when getting up it :)

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
You should speak to Greg at Sureflo - he guarantees you will get what you ask for.

I just got my exhaust done - 3.5 inch cat back in the "medium loud" version in mild steel.

Before vid:
YouTube - SV8 Exhaust Note

After vid:
YouTube - Sureflo 3.5 inch cat back MEDIUM-LOUD

Please note that although they sound about the same volume, the medium loud system is MUCH louder than stock - the auto gain control on the camera is why they sound similar level.

Also, I would be happy to demo this system for anyone local who is thinking of getting their exhaust done.

EDIT: In fact its holdencple kindly demonstrating his for me that convinced me to get what he has :)

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
go to your cupboard, get a milo tin.... Eat all the milo. now cut a hole in the bottom, and flare it out. use a hose clamp to mount to your exhaust.

Wallla, instant loud exhaust and plenty of p plater street cred

feistl

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II 6.3L/M6
i personally went from a 3inch exhaust down to a 2 1/2 just to get a better note but as for the ls1 and such i love the power of a ls-engine but they sound like crap compared to the 5lt
:axe:

Kinda of agree.... I love the 5L V8s.

However ive got my LS1 sounding pretty tough. Its been stroked to 6.3 and is running a very large cam, pacemaker extractors and a full twin 2.5" Stainless steel system with rear hotdogs. Im about to change the standard cats over to 4.5" High Flow, which will hopefully give it a deeper sound. Real power gives the best noise... So if your engine is making 500+ BHP, its always going to sound good. Hard to make a 150bhp V6 sound tough.

i only have an exec so V6.....makes houses shake when you plant ya foot down.

please take note from a neighbour....

maxine says (7:17 PM):
your car is so annoyyying in the mornings its like my alarm ha

Cant imagine what she'd say having to listen to mine warm up in the mornings. lol