Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wanted - decent pic of under the nose / front subframe

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 Commodore SSV Redline 6MT
Any got one or can point me to one. Not having much luck on Dr Google. I'm basically wanting a shot of the subframe between the wheels and in front of the engine, from underneath. Cheers.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
A picture of what exactly !! Perhaps you could include make/model etc. There are lots of Commodores.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
See if the diagram below helps you:

Attachments

• VF Front Subframe.jpg
    VF Front Subframe.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 185

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
A picture of what exactly !! Perhaps you could include make/model etc. There are lots of Commodores.

Errr... well since this is a post in the VF sub form of the Commodore forum... I assume I'm after a VF Commodore...

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
V6 vs V8 models run things different, manual vs auto, ss vs hsv, ls3 vs LSA, all have variables and things running different.
So exactly what are you after?

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Okay its a VF Commodore SSV Redline 2014 MY15.... Thanks for the scan BlackVXGTS - I have attached modified version. See the area where there are two red circles now applied to the scan, which circles define two round, reinforced attachment points of some sort. On one side of the car I have what appears to be two Hex headed bolts running through the said reinforced attachment points, on the other side of the car there are no bolts, which begs the question - am I missing a set of bolts and also what is attached at these points?

Attachments

• 183654d1473065573-wanted-decent-pic-under-nose-front-subframe-vf-front-subframe.jpg
    183654d1473065573-wanted-decent-pic-under-nose-front-subframe-vf-front-subframe.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 195

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
That's where the steering rack bolts up.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
That's where the steering rack bolts up.

Steering rack is higher up. Difficult to tell what they are and how far apart. Could be the stabiliser bar insulator clamp bolts, in which case you certainly should have them on both sides. Have you been underneath the car at all to have a look with a mirror to see what is attached to the side that has bolts?

No, after another look at the diagram the stabiliser bolts are more towards the front.

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Steering rack is higher up. Difficult to tell what they are and how far apart. Could be the stabiliser bar insulator clamp bolts, in which case you certainly should have them on both sides. Have you been underneath the car at all to have a look with a mirror to see what is attached to the side that has bolts?

No, after another look at the diagram the stabiliser bolts are more towards the front.

I have crawled around as much as I can and also tried sorting out what is going on from the engine bay side but no solution is obvious. They are forward of the steering rack so its not that. This all started when I removed the front wheels for cleaning, so I can say its also not the stabilizer bar - I can see where that's going through the wheel well and it doesn't seem to be this attachment point. I'll try and put her up on ramps tomorrow and see if I can't get a phone snap of what's going on.

SARRAS

Reaction score
Members Ride
Okay well being bored tonight I took the torch over to the local Holden dealer and stuck my head under the front of a VFII they had on display in the yard. That also had the attachment bolts ONLY on one side so whatever its holding, the other set of mount placements must be for the LHD cars. I noticed also that the under sump aero cover is back to being a standard fitting on the VFIIs - interesting.