Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] wanted L3 cluster Vs commodore and wireing loom

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
ITEM: VS (or VR) L3 dash cluster and wireing loom (will modify wireing my self just need the basid loom to do so)

CONDITION: working

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: can travel or pay postage

CONTACT DETAILS: PM

OTHER INFO: want to convert me vs executive to L3 cluster, long shot i no as most would have been snaped up buy now or wreked

thanks

writeoff

0 to 100... eventually
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Wagon
Hey mate, I have a cluster with no loom if you can find a loom else where. I know of some one who has a couple made for this purpose

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
You can get looms off ebay for $60.. Youll also need a HI bcm, i have one for $50 if your interested.
Dont forget youll need the headlight switch, demister switch (from the same model as the level 3 dash car) and security switch (as theres no aircon button any more)

PREDATR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 355 Turbo, VN Calais 5L, VE SII SV6 Wag, Mirage
you dont need a bcm to run a level 3 cluster.

all you need is the cluster, trip computer switchblock, two plugs one for the bottom of the cluster and one for the switchblock and some time to spend wiring it up.

if you need help let me know i have the plugs, switchblock and possibly a cluster.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
i have a loom already modified ready to fit and im in brisbane

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
you dont need a bcm to run a level 3 cluster.

all you need is the cluster, trip computer switchblock, two plugs one for the bottom of the cluster and one for the switchblock and some time to spend wiring it up.

if you need help let me know i have the plugs, switchblock and possibly a cluster.

So tell me genius. Since you know it all. How does the new headlight and demister switch work without the hi level BCM? Oh wait.. It doesnt. Hell if you dont believe me, check the Trippin' thread. Expect to have no dash lights and demister without a hi level BCM..

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
So tell me genius. Since you know it all. How does the new headlight and demister switch work without the hi level BCM? Oh wait.. It doesnt. Hell if you dont believe me, check the Trippin' thread. Expect to have no dash lights and demister without a hi level BCM..

LOL - what you on fella??

I've done about 120 patchloom upgrades for VR VS cars over the last 3 or so years and never ever ever ever fitted a BCM or changed one.

The Tripin thread has a path to follow written in English. It has gathered posts for years adding to the wonderful world of Level 3 digital trip computers to VN to VS cars

:)

Now say your sorry to PEDATOR so we can move on with out the personal baggage.

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
So tell me. Level 3 dash. the loom with forth plug. Put into a exec. What do you get? a Dash with no dash lights, the L/100km read out and no rear demister. Why? Because the the level 3 dash requires another light switch. To control the brightness of the dash you ewither hold it up or down. To do that it sends signals to the BCM. The single wire for the L/100km is acutlly ran through the body loom. So even then you have to cut in your own wire from the 4th plug to the ECU. Now we get to the demister switch. Its not a simple on off switch like that of a level 2. You push it, it sends a single to the BCM to activate the rear demisters for 15mins, then turns itself off. You can use the demister switch from a level 3 loom on a level 3 as it its a different type of plug too.

PREDATR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 355 Turbo, VN Calais 5L, VE SII SV6 Wag, Mirage
just keep putting bcms in when you fit level 3 clusters and we'll all keep doing it the easy way. no one said anything about headlight switches and demister switches. they all stay the same. you patch the 4th plug into the exec dash loom and everything works, the single wire yellow/black just runs across to the ecu. the bcm controls nothing to do with the cluster. all a level 3 cluster needs is power, earth, illumination, temp and fuel signal inputs and speedo / tacho inputs.