Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wanted more poke for a VT SS!

LOWFLYR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Enhanced Auto cammed VXSS 5.7A4
don't even contemplate the ss reductions intake. mail-order tune + otrcai + decent flowing exhaust & diff gears if the budget will stretch that far

a pirate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS manual
please clarify what is a mail-order tune?

and a mafless tune i assume is getting the tuned to run with out the MAF sensor? is this hard or costly?

My Wog box mazda engine mods inc
high flow exhaust
high flow cat
extractors
advanced timing
cai
pollished head
larger tb
other bits inc cf hood, light wheels.
and new intake and haltach piggy back on the way

toying with getting a modded mps3 (~220fwkw)

Last edited:

LOWFLYR

Reaction score
Members Ride
Enhanced Auto cammed VXSS 5.7A4
a mail order tune is a basic tune that alters fuel, ignition & timing to gain more power and torque. tuners have developed thier own versions of the 1 base tune and can apply it too all who want it in as quick as 10 mins by re-flashing the engine cpu. it is different from a custom tune as this is tuned for each vehicle on a dyno to have it 100% accurate and will include trans shift points & abuse modes etc:w00t:.

when tuned you can simply dis-connect the maf sensor or if you install an otrcai or larger intake pipe it can be removed altogether

brad from Enhanced Automotive has a deal going this weekend - mail order tunes for $300 and this from personal experience is a killer tune. i believe he has posted details of this in the sponsors section:thumbsup:

click this link for more details

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/enhanced-automotive/69236-300-mafless-mailorder-special.html

hope that helps you out some

feg

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S S/C
My Wog box mazda engine mods inc
high flow exhaust
high flow cat
extractors
advanced timing
cai
pollished head
larger tb
other bits inc cf hood, light wheels.
and new intake and haltach piggy back on the way

toying with getting a modded mps3 (~220fwkw)

I sort of think once you pull the motor apart, that isn't just mildly working anymore. Once the head comes off and is shaved ( especially if the cam is above it) then that goes into the worked category for me. All of the mods mentioned here are "bolt ons". Not being critical just an apples against apples approach. IE How much did you spend on the mazda vs the holden. Is the holden meant to be a performance model? I've a mate with a mazda sp, but the mps is a whole mps is a whole different league apparently. Personally I like my back wheels to be where the power comes from, and think if you have that much power going through the front wheels it would just be very frustrating. The trade off is that you have to drive around in a big car to get rear wheel drive. ( the bonnet has to be longer at least)

Also the weight to power has to come into this equation somewhere. The amount of energy used to get a light car off the line must be exponentially less? All in all it is simply a mathematical equation of power to weight and how much you are willing to spend. Sorry if this comes across as elitist, I don't mean to be. You've got me interested however, as to the driving is affecting this outcome. To rate the cars you would have to give a more scientific approach, like they do with land speed records, IE a run in both directions averaged. This will take out the human factor. Ask your mate to have a drive and see how you both go, after a couple of practice runs. Try not to tell him what you are up to cause he could bias the result on purpose!:whistling

Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

a pirate

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS manual
a mail order tune is a basic tune that alters fuel, ignition & timing to gain more power and torque. tuners have developed thier own versions of the 1 base tune and can apply it too all who want it in as quick as 10 mins by re-flashing the engine cpu. it is different from a custom tune as this is tuned for each vehicle on a dyno to have it 100% accurate and will include trans shift points & abuse modes etc:w00t:.

when tuned you can simply dis-connect the maf sensor or if you install an otrcai or larger intake pipe it can be removed altogether

brad from Enhanced Automotive has a deal going this weekend - mail order tunes for $300 and this from personal experience is a killer tune. i believe he has posted details of this in the sponsors section:thumbsup:

click this link for more details

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/enhanced-automotive/69236-300-mafless-mailorder-special.html

hope that helps you out some

Fantastic the info i was after... made the effort of joining worth it thanks.