Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wanting 150 kw's at the wheels

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
^^ fair comment.. unfortunately living in SA "they lame state" i never had access to a quarter when i had the car so dynos were all i had sorry..

just trying to give the OP prospective.
besidesven quarters can be skewed with set ups by things like dif gears tyres etc..

Have to agree with that 100%

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Moroso slide rule rarely lies.

True but that is assuming that you are working with accurate info. i.e. the guy driving the car has managed to get the most from the combination (rare).

MPH gives a good indication of power. Ignore the ET

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Yes, I agree.
I use it having 2 knowns (weight and trap speed) then have a look at power and lastly e.t in a perfect world scenario.

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Fresh engine, Roller rockers 1.8+, healthy trans, good filter and cai, free flowing exhaust and a good tune. should be well on your way to the 140~ zone.

If you want to see what your v6 can do, just go for it... Let the haters hate! Its your car afterall

ismasiv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT manual/ VL turbo manual
Hi mate I have a 1997 VT manual... I have this list of mods i will be getting done by the end of next month

Pacemakers and a 2.5" exhaust
ported T/B
ported and shaved heads compression is now 10.1
stage 2 cam from Comp cams
3.7 diff gears
lightened flywheel
25mm plunem spacer and a 15mm T/B spacer

what kind of power will i be getting out of it??

and what would be the best tune get a custom memcal or this Kalmaker mafless thing????

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Kalmaker is the software used to tune the ecu, it's a good software too.
You can keep or turf maf, all depends on what u want and how good the tuner is.. I like the idea of Map sensors myself.

That combo should give nice gains in the 150 region depending on dyno fuel and again how good your tuner is!
Post up a sheet in this thread once done mate.

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Hi mate I have a 1997 VT manual... I have this list of mods i will be getting done by the end of next month

ported T/B
3.7 diff gears
lightened flywheel

and what would be the best tune get a custom memcal or this Kalmaker mafless thing????

You wont have that compression with just shaved heads, unless they have had a massive slice taken off them. Mine has flat tops and 90 thou off the heads (fly cuts to clear valves) and my tuner thinks its about 10.5 ish.

My own modified v6 has a single stock ecotec tb which i lightly ported to smooth the ridges. I dont have tb spacer, or lim spacer... i have a plenum spacer but i'm skeptical if it has done anything to help.

Being a VT manual will help your power output a lot, so long as the tuner is good at what he does

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais Supercharged "Auuusiecouch"

ported T/B
3.7 diff gears
lightened flywheel

"MAFless tune" removes the MAF sensor (a possible restriction) and uses a MAP sensor instead. This needs to be plumbed into the plenum.

My Ute has a setup very similar to yours. I opted to switch the V6 MAF for one from the LS1 (three wire) which is less restrictive with custom piping into a Mace CAI.

ismasiv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT manual/ VL turbo manual
ok thanks for the help dose anyone know if there is a good tuner in QLD with the Kalmaker software??? and I think flat tops and 90 thou off the heads is a hell of a lot. the only way to test is put a compression gauge on it.. the V6 ecotec has 9.4:1 from factory... I think you would be more up to the 11.5 and then it wont run right on pump fuel. or the person the shaved the heads is pulling your leg with say it has 90 thou off...