Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wanting to supercharge my vx v6

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
Hey guys im wanting to get some more grunt outta my 6 and was wondering wat exactly do i need for this set up. Of course a supercharger, do i need to do anything to the gearbox the diff the engine. All help appreciated.

Sizzle87

ARGH!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais SC II
Mace offer a raptor kit... look it up on their web addy...

Mace engineering

kyalkk

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac
extractors and free flowing exhaust- so it doesn't choke, maybe a shift kit with corvette servos to make the box shift better (im guessing its an auto). LSD when the single pegger dies if you intend on track or strip work.
that would be close to everything i would think (apart from the charger and kit itself)

kyalkk

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac
+1 to raptor (i got one sitting back home when i have time to install)

Sizzle87

ARGH!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais SC II
Otherwise... look up the MANY threads regarding this question... I've even made a thread of all the differences... But in a nutshell... With what you've asked...
Tranny = same, however the supercharged models never came out in a manual AFAIK.
Diff = same
Engine = Lot's of little differences

To be honest your best options are
1) buy a car with a supercharger already in it
2) buy a l67 motor (that's a super 6, with either a m62 or a m90 eaton supercharger), and fit that (need a new exhaust system though, and a tune for your pcm... that aside every other thing bolted onto the engine should come with it)
3) buy a raptor kit

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
so i just need the charger itself pullys and a intercooler?

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
Otherwise... look up the MANY threads regarding this question... I've even made a thread of all the differences... But in a nutshell... With what you've asked...
Tranny = same, however the supercharged models never came out in a manual AFAIK.
Diff = same

2) buy a l67 motor (that's a super 6, with either a m62 or a m90 eaton supercharger), and fit that (need a new exhaust system though, and a tune for your pcm... that aside every other thing bolted onto the engine should come with it)
3) buy a raptor kit

I got a twin 2.5 inch system on already.

vxcp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
Diff = same

3) buy a raptor kit

Im not looking to buy one brand new but rather 2nd hand and just wanted to no the spesifics in wat i actually need i.e charger intercooler, pullys, heads? stuff like that inc the small bits buy it all seprate to get a cheaper outcome.