Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Warne vs Muralitharan

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
Well in case nobody knows Muralia has come out and called Shane Warne a Miserable man. These comments come after Warne requested suspect actions be tested under match conditions rather than a lab where the results will differ.

Whats everyones thoughts on Murali?

For me, he is nothing but a chucker, when you watch his Lab action it resembles nothing to his match action. People go on about how great he is, but come on, how many wickets has he taken against quality sides? He has taken so many wickets against zimbabwe and Bangladesh which Australia play neither frequently.
For me Murali can only bowl in Sri - Lanka or against 2nd rate sides.

PS: I wish warney would just come back and play, now that he and ex wife have no chance he should do it. Test match last week was actually a let down without him, it seemed to miss that anticipation of what he could actually do.

It surprises me that Murali would say something like that. I was under the impression that Warne & himself were good buddies.

I can understand Warnie's comments though. At least then the whole controversy could be laid to rest permanently.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
i reckon he's passed all thier tests so let him be.
Theres no way he's the best bowler. Like its been said he has a lot of wickets against 2nd rate sides. Hell i could take a few of bangers wickets.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
There is no such thing as the 'best bowler', each bowlers is different and have different advantages and disadvantages.

Sick and tired of people saying best bowlers, best batsmen and so on...

One can be better than the other but there is no 'best one".

Grommz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
warnes just jealous as murali will go past the 1000 wickets mark..

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Murali = chucker. No question about it.

Warne = Dumbass. To come out with those comments just at the time when his record is about to be broken is childish and immature. Many other commentators will fight the chucker battle for him ad-infinitum. He would have been far better served saying nothing and handling the in-evitable with grace.

Reaper

Grommz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
exactly right it doesnt matter if hes a chucker or not simple fact is warney now looks like a 2 year old spoilt little brat that cant have his cake and eat it too..

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
warnes just jealous as murali will go past the 1000 wickets mark..

Rubbish. Warney was one of the first people to say he would break the 1000, and said he was happy for him.

I think the argument that Murali is a chucker is a pretty valid one, he looks like he would be more at home playing baseball.

Regardless of where Murali got his wickets from and how much a chucker he is, Warney is the greatest. Watch this YouTube - Best of Shane Warne and deny it.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Murali = chucker. No question about it.

Warne = Dumbass. To come out with those comments just at the time when his record is about to be broken is childish and immature. Many other commentators will fight the chucker battle for him ad-infinitum. He would have been far better served saying nothing and handling the in-evitable with grace.

Reaper
Do you actually know the comments he come out with?

Seeing as it is obvious by your comments here is exactly what was printed in the Herald Sun
Speaking of Murali, I agree with Terry Jenner that he should be tested under match conditions. I'm sure he is sick of it all, but it would be well worth the exercise and hassle.
I think for his own peace of mind and everyone in world cricket, do the testing in the heat of battle -- a Test match. Surely the ICC, Sri Lanka and Murali would want that.

What exactly is bad about those comments?

Fact is, Warne is the greatest spin bowler ever seen in the history of cricket. How many Gatting style wickets has murali taken if any?
I would love to see him come out of retirement and play on, he is worth bums on seats at matches.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
What exactly is bad about those comments?

Nothing - except.... they are coming from Warne, especially with the record coming up. A better approach would have been along the lines of "I'll leave the debate over his action to others.....". They sound like a person who is clutching at straws.

Fact is, Warne is the greatest spin bowler ever seen in the history of cricket. How many Gatting style wickets has murali taken if any?
I would love to see him come out of retirement and play on, he is worth bums on seats at matches.

Gotta agree there. Shanes record on the field speaks for itself and he is truly one of the games greatest of greats.

Reaper