Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

warranties?

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
considering my mum works were i got my car from i dont think ill have any problems with m warranty, though on my vr i did, imo those warranties arnt worth the piece of paper they are on

T

traumatyzd

i remember when i bought my vr i got the nrma to go over the car and a mechanic. then a week after i bought the car i took the reports into the dealer and they checked all the defects and fixed them. i have to admit i had other problems with the car later i complained and they fixed them. i still hate the dealer where i bought the car from as i believe they should have fixed some of these things before putting it in the lot for sale.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
When i got my VR 2 or 3 years ago i had the racq report ($100) and took it for a test drive. The day that i got it she had a faulty spark plug lead so the car was very rough. Took it back and they tried to sell me a whole new set. Im like nah, just fix it under warranty. So they just replaced the faulty lead. Than a few days later I was driving and noticed my transmission was sh*t. Would 'grind' if i went over 90 and rev to the max if i put my foot down (its an auto, wouldnt change gear). Didnt bother trying to muck around with warranty for that. They knew about it though, and racked up about 2000km on it after i had put my deposit on it. Always hated that dealer since.

Benstead Car Company
3389/3397 Pacific Highway
Slacks Creek QLD 4127

T

traumatyzd

my power steerring, fuel pump and rack crapped itself. when i took it back to have it fixed under warranty they tried to tell me that i was using an ethanol based fuel thats why the fuel pump died.

i basically told them i know what the warranty agreement covers so just fix it. i had a number of arguements with them over the phone and at there place of work.

read your warranty agreement.

Koontz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
I guess depends where you buy from.

I trawled main north road in adelaide for my VS. some shonks along there! Ended up buying from Jarvis on the corner there. Im sure I paid a little more than I should have but he car was Immaculate in presentation and everything I pointed out while I was inspecting the car they wrote on a list and fixed before I took delivery, which included asthetic problems!.

Somethings you just dont notice till you drive the car for a while and the trans was stuffed. slipping in 2nd and rear seat belt did not retract. which is defectable, front suspension knocking. they fixed everything under warranty. which for the used car class I bought was 3 months or 3000km (i think).

They have some quality rating so all the repair work has to last or they loose that rating and be done to standard.

M

matt69

nah its all gewd in the end as a reputable dealer is one because they hav a reputation to uphold. the warranty covered the broken engine mount. fan and shroud and they even fixed a blown brake light for me.